Good Sites For Backlinks

thanks why less popular. Is that for uniqueness?

The big dogs will generally get the best search result placements (1st page) for a popular term and you will end up on page 3-100 with very few people clicking on the link to your site. If you go after let's say 5-10 less popular searches all on somewhat the same topic then you will have higher placements and a better click through.

Example (I did not research this just making it up as an example);

Popular title= How to shoot macro photography

Less popular titles to go after= How to shoot macro pictures, macro images, close up photos, up close photography.

Or spelling out the whole thing like;

How to shoot macro pictures of butterflies, coins, ants, bugs....... <---that format works great because you can in theory write an endless supply of how to guides and since the subject is different they all look unique. Plus after you have a 100 or so GOOD articles on the same sort of subject your site tends to be viewed as an authority site in the eyes of the search engines.

Uniqueness= you can use the same title but make sure you never copy any content or the post/article can be picked up as a duplicate and dumped from the search results. A quote is ok but keep it short compared to the % of unique content.

So I buy another domain name to replace A Matter Of How You See It and that domain name should relate somehow to fine art macro,flower,nature photography since that's what I do. Is this correct?

EDIT
I added the plugin for Foxfire and found those inbound links.

Correct, use the Google tool to find a keyword rich domain name that suits your needs.

Have fun with the Firefox plugin, with the ext links option you can see what sites will count in Google (if they are no follow or not).

For Titles try to use https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal and use less popular ones until Google really loves your site and you have good link building down. The Google tool will help since they know the terms that people search for and we can only guess without their help.

Doesn't this only work if you are a paid AdWord user?

Anyone can use it but you will have to enter the security code thing every few searches.

As far as how long SEO takes, for a keyword phrase with any competition at all, don't be surprised to find that it will take 6 months to improve your ranking. Google is making some changes with a product called "caffeine" that will be phased in starting early next year. That may help your website climb to the top a little quicker, but it's impossible to tell how long it will take until you're actually there.

Playing the waiting game right now. Unfortunately my site is only 3 months old and that kind of hampers it's stability rating by google.

Oh, another tip is register your website name for longer than a 1 year period so that google can tell you are in it for the long term.

jubb, I'm not so sure it's just a waiting game for you. Your title may be one of the major reason's you're not showing up in search results. Do a Google search for "Shannon Hunt Photography". Your title for your site is showing up as "Shannon Hunt Photography &#8212; Lifestyle Portrait Photographer in..." . That's not good. Google isn't catching the name of your city when it's looking at your title. If you rearrange your title so that it looks like this "Temple, TX Lifestyle Portrait Photographer - Shannon Hunt Photography" , you may see better results. Also, you'll want to make sure to include your keyword phrase in your main body text.

Oooh, good advice. Thanks.

As far as the waiting game. I was referring to getting off of 0/10 google page rank.

We can probably all help each other out. Provided you aren't anywhere between Dallas and Austin and you have a decent site(not under initial construction) PM me and we can talk. I have a higher ranked website that I'm considering using to help.

As far as the waiting game. I was referring to getting off of 0/10 google page rank.

IGNORE PAGE RANK!

I have several PR1-3 sites that out rank PR 5+ sites in the SERPS, and PR 3+ sites that don't rank for crap in the SERPs. IMO, page rank is good for one thing and that is selling links.......and if you get caught Google will take away your page rank.

Put your focus on bringing more site visitors from your service area and converting them into people that call you or e-mail you for your goods and services. <---Conversions= $$$$, Page rank= bragging rights on webmaster forums:D

Eco,

I understand what you're saying sort of but doesn't page rank lead to people finding your site? And that's the only way you can see conversion is getting them there isn't it?

I know next to nothing about ranks and all that stuff as seen in earlier posts but am I wrong in understanding that ranking is how you get potential clients to your site? or at least one of the ways?

i just want them to see the site when they search for my kind of product. After that its on me to sell them on my product. Right now they don't even see our site and that is what we are looking to improve which seems like it is a matter of time after you have worked on SEO if the quality of the SEO is good.

Or am I still confused?

IGNORE PAGE RANK!

I have several PR1-3 sites that out rank PR 5+ sites in the SERPS, and PR 3+ sites that don't rank for crap in the SERPs. IMO, page rank is good for one thing and that is selling links.......and if you get caught Google will take away your page rank.

Put your focus on bringing more site visitors from your service area and converting them into people that call you or e-mail you for your goods and services. <---Conversions= $$$$, Page rank= bragging rights on webmaster forums:D

Totally agree 100%! :mrgreen:

Eco,

I understand what you're saying sort of but doesn't page rank lead to people finding your site? And that's the only way you can see conversion is getting them there isn't it?

I know next to nothing about ranks and all that stuff as seen in earlier posts but am I wrong in understanding that ranking is how you get potential clients to your site? or at least one of the ways?

i just want them to see the site when they search for my kind of product. After that its on me to sell them on my product. Right now they don't even see our site and that is what we are looking to improve which seems like it is a matter of time after you have worked on SEO if the quality of the SEO is good.

Or am I still confused?

What is your "product" (keywords)?

EDIT: What I mean is, when people are searching for you, what words do you expect them to use? If your market is for landscape, nature and wildlife photography.....good luck. That's my market too. It's too broad, so I tried to focus my keywords to my local market. I'm now #1 for "my location Photographer". ;)

Last edited:
yeah I guess we are in a large category. I am slowly working on the SEO thing and one thing I am consistently putting in the keywords and alt text includes our location, I.E. New England, Western, Mass. etc. Does this help? I'm not really sure but it may at least narrow down the area.

We are also looking at providing a specific service in our area as opposed to general landscape or nature photography. We are looking at doing pet portraits. We don't generally do paid work for others but it seems like the only way to go. Simply selling our prints of what we think is appealing may not work.

Until then we are trying the SEo thing. It seems that once you do that effectively it still takes time for search engines to start picking you up. that seems to be what ranking is about.

Adding your location should help, at least for some of the local customers.

I just received an order for 4 8 x 12s and one 16 x 24 print this week. How did she find me? She just moved back here and was looking for some local scenes to fill her house with pictures. :)

Most reactions

Back