Good stand to hold reflectors and diffusers?

m1a1fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone know of a decent stand to hold reflectors and diffusers? It would have to be portable and not to heavy as I will be taking it to various gardens and flower shows. Largest reflector it would hold would be 32".

I looked on B&H but don't exactly know what I'm looking for so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!:mrgreen:

Take a look at this. Light, portable, strong.

http://www.bkaphoto.com/detail.asp?section=Flash and Lighting&cat=Light Stands&product=SPBLS32

I own two. One as a reflector holder and the other for positioning an off camera strobe or a second reflector holder.

For outdoor use, go to Walmart to the sports department. They have 10lb ankle weight sets for about $15.00 that wrap around your ankle. One will also wrap around the bottom of the boom stand and give it a great low center of gravity. I bought two sets and now have enough for my whole Strobist kit for the price of one single saddlebag weight.

I use the voice activated ones. Provide milk and cookies and they are usually happy. :p

I have a couple of cheap old tripods and a couple of old microphone stands. Stuff that can be found cheaply at pawn shops, and works well.

Take a look at this. Light, portable, strong.

http://www.bkaphoto.com/detail.asp?section=Flash and Lighting&cat=Light Stands&product=SPBLS32

I own two. One as a reflector holder and the other for positioning an off camera strobe or a second reflector holder.

For outdoor use, go to Walmart to the sports department. They have 10lb ankle weight sets for about $15.00 that wrap around your ankle. One will also wrap around the bottom of the boom stand and give it a great low center of gravity. I bought two sets and now have enough for my whole Strobist kit for the price of one single saddlebag weight.

Thanks for the link and info, I'll check into it.

I use the voice activated ones. Provide milk and cookies and they are usually happy. :p

:mrgreen:

I have a couple of cheap old tripods and a couple of old microphone stands. Stuff that can be found cheaply at pawn shops, and works well.

Thanks for the info!

I also use an old tripod to hold my flash when the voice activated ones are unavailable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back