good times

Funky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well, i just got back from a little trip. drove down to eastern oregon to photograph a friends baby for easter. also got some fairly cool lightning pictures. c&c welcome :D

light.jpg

grassbaby.jpg

babyol.jpg

well in this case, the temperature dropped fro 70 to 38 in an hour or so, i sat there extreamly cold with the camera on a tripod with the shutter speed set to 1 minute and the ap set to 15. any comments?

The lightning is very neat. I like how it's reflected in the water.
Mine never turned out quite this nice. I was never able to actually catch a streak but have many blue sky pictures.

I like the second one of the baby. Although I think it needs to be cropped a bit.

thanks :D, yeah lightning is really tricky. ill post a recropped version later

This lightning picture is very mysterious, in a good way tho. I love the perspective it gives with the reflection on the water.

wow this shot down the page, yeah the lightning picture was soo freaky to take, i love the power of nature because it makes me feel so damn small and worthless. i was in the top of a mountain on a big rock taking it, i guess the trees around me had a better chance of being struck but hearing it all around you, it was amazing. buuut what ever it takes for the final resut eh?

wow this shot down the page, yeah the lightning picture was soo freaky to take, i love the power of nature because it makes me feel so damn small and worthless. i was in the top of a mountain on a big rock taking it, i guess the trees around me had a better chance of being struck but hearing it all around you, it was amazing. buuut what ever it takes for the final resut eh?

I'm such in agreance with you on this. There is a magnificant amount of power in storms whether that's in the form of tornados, lightning, macro bursts, hail, snow, rain, mud slides, avalanches, huricanes, or any other type that I just can't think of rigth now. That lightNing in the second one is just amazing :lol:. OK, but seriously all of these pictures are great ones. The lightning was capture very well here.

Thats not a big trick at all.... I turn the shutter speed to 400 to take fireworks so this works also good with thunders

who said anything about a big trick? shooting a thunderstorm with your shutterspeed set to 400 isnt smart at all, you would have to be taking the pictures in rappid sucsession, lightning only lasts a few tenths of a second so theres not a human on earth that can see a bolt and take a picture. fireworks are easy because they last along time.

thanks bobly its always great to hear from another weather photographer. its a scary thing but it make you hunger for more.

great shots.

re: the lightning - How many 1 minute exposures did it take you to finally get some lightning, or was it a constant storm of them?

took about 50 to get that, kinda sucky because my camera was really hot in the end. i had to leave because the storm was right over head and the time delay between bolt and thunder was 0 so i ran to my car and hid....

The lightning is cool. And the baby looks like a riot! Love those shots.

Most reactions

Back