Goodbye My Sweet

Not a bad first start at all! I think if you wanted to take this to the next level, compositing it on to a 'Hansel & Gretel' forest background would give it some added impact.

The art of creating random pattern is extremely hard. I'm not sure you've quite mastered it here, but still good for something new.

Great start!

And I like the concept!

My nitpick is the skin toned patch in front of the eye of the girl on the right. The eyes are important in a portrait and that patch was the first thing I noticed. Otherwise an interesting experiment that I'm sure you can improve on. I like John's idea of the woodland setting, the corrugated iron background with these costumes is too much of a perceptual contrast for me to get my poor old head around. ;)

Ok thanks I knew it was not perfect but it is my first time. It is harder than it looks. I had to make the brush and I think that is where i am falling down. My design fo rah brush was too square. I was hoping to get some input and validate what I was thinking. thanks.

Ok thanks I knew it was not perfect but it is my first time. It is harder than it looks. I had to make the brush and I think that is where i am falling down. My design fo rah brush was too square. I was hoping to get some input and validate what I was thinking. thanks.

Don't ask me! I can give C&C but I wouldn't know where to start on this kind of stuff. You're 10 steps ahead on the concept and the tech. ;)

Thanks guys. I know it was not perfect but I think what you have said is something I will try not he next attempt.

Been awhile since I tried it, but I think this is something similar to the effect you were going for. Note my earlier comment about making random distribution appear random???

Been awhile since I tried it, but I think this is something similar to the effect you were going for. Note my earlier comment about making random distribution appear random???

Thanks. That is what I was trying for exactly

You might want to look closely when he talks about the brush settings. That can help tremendously with getting the random pattern you need.

You might want to look closely when he talks about the brush settings. That can help tremendously with getting the random pattern you need.
Yes I figured that was where I needed to go. I think I have to turn it and space it out more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back