Gorgeous Light

JenR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had some gorgeous light by the pool this week. Yes, her hair is a mess, but it is so *her*. Would love CC, the harsher the better!

071008.jpg

Thanks for taking a look

C&C per req:

Precious little to be harsh about; a very nicely executed image. The eyes are especially well done, and add a great deal of life, as does the expression on her face. I rather get the impression she's waiting for a bucket of water to fall on your head or some other prank. The hair is just fine; very appropriate. I wonder about the crop however. I think it might be a little tight on her shoulders.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Lovely. I couldn't be harsh if I tried.

Tirediron knows a lot more than I do but I didn't find the crop too tight. As he said, the hair is fine. I think it might be a smidgeon better if the top of the dress were cropped out, but it's all a matter of taste and yours is what counts. Good work.

Lovely. I couldn't be harsh if I tried.

Tirediron knows a lot more than I do but I didn't find the crop too tight. As he said, the hair is fine. I think it might be a smidgeon better if the top of the dress were cropped out, but it's all a matter of taste and yours is what counts. Good work.

Thanks for the kind words Fox, but I doubt that's true. I think you've hit the nail on the head; there was something not sitting right with me about her chest area; cropping that little bit of shirt/dress/whatevergirlythingitis off is exactly right!

Thanks for the kind words Fox, but I doubt that's true. I think you've hit the nail on the head; there was something not sitting right with me about her chest area; cropping that little bit of shirt/dress/whatevergirlythingitis off is exactly right!

I do not think that being harsh and being critical are the same thing. I could be very nice and tell you everything you feel you need to know to make the photo better. I just felt like saying that.

My only thoughts on cropping out the dress are that it will make the viewer wonder what the girl is wearing (maybe). Sometimes when you crop a photo a certain way it can make people look naked, which wouldn't be good in this photo. But I think the straps will prevent this illusion from occurring.

So, I guess it probably will work, which means this post really was for nothing. :)

Last edited:
IMO that slight crop would improve this already beautiful shot. You're right the light is amazing. Good job on the eyes as well.
Nice work.

Thank you all for your critques and kind words!

Most reactions

Back