What's new

Gorgeous sky ~ capturing a family farm C & C please

LLD

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
15
Location
Midwest
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay today I swore I'd stay away from this site but thought ... here's trying so I'm giving it another go. C & C
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_0841.webp
    $DSC_0841.webp
    483.3 KB · Views: 181
Flat land farmer. It aint Kentucky..Ed


No it isn't. I'm not sure thats what I was getting at when I posted it but thanks for your comments.
 
I think I'd have shifted the horizon a bit depending on what I wanted to emphasize - higher to get more land (vastness) or lower to emphasize the sky. I like the leading lines (road, edge of the corn field) and the color of the sky.
 
Also, what are those structures in the distance on the right? They look interesting, and it might be fun to involve them better...may be contrast/juxtapose these (human-made, mechanical, towering) pillars with the (natural, down-to-earth, humble) fields.
 
Also, what are those structures in the distance on the right? They look interesting, and it might be fun to involve them better...may be contrast/juxtapose these (human-made, mechanical, towering) pillars with the (natural, down-to-earth, humble) fields.

those are silos for grain. Great idea! I was afraid to go onto someone else property to gain a closer shot of them.
 
Wow the color just pops! Thank you!
 
Seems funny to find someone who doesn't know what a Silo is...

Also, what are those structures in the distance on the right? They look interesting, and it might be fun to involve them better...may be contrast/juxtapose these (human-made, mechanical, towering) pillars with the (natural, down-to-earth, humble) fields.
 
Nah, don't stay away.

I think there might be something here. Too bad the silos are not in focus, but it is what it is.

Yes, I like the leading lines, the blocks of color and texture, and it just feels natural.

If you don't mind, I would like to see it without the dark trees on the left edge. They seem to be distracting.

$DSC_0841.webp
 
I like that a lot better without the trees to the left! and thank you Designer and not everyone is familiar with farms CourtneyAK
 
Actually, silos are for silage.
 
Actually, silos are for silage.

Silos are used for bulk storage of grain, coal, cement, carbon black, wood chips, food products, sawdust and fermented feed known as silage...

And missiles, but that's another story. ;)

And I'd have believed it. They looked to me like some futuristic thingies (thought I saw them in a science fiction movie) for crying out loud. I obviously need to get out (as in: really out) more often. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom