Got a new lens today.

Stilltime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I got a new lens today. The 70-300 IS USM. I haven't had the chance to use it yet. My husband wants me to take pictures of a bunch of golf carts he's rebuilding/painting, so I get to play with it tomorrow.

That's about as rich as my blood gets for now. I was looking at the some filters, but have no idea where to start. I think a polarizing filter is needed for as much time as we spend near the water and stuff. My skies always look washed out and I would really like to retain some of the rich blue colour.

Just wanted to brag. :mrgreen:

congrats to you!

Take a coke can and place it so you can see the back of it. Then walk 20 paces away. Take picture at 300mm. Down load pic and Zoom in and see if you can't read the ingredients clearly. May not be tack sharp, but you can read it!

Congrats on the new lens. Been looking at that particular lens for awhile but I always shy away from it because I want a faster lens instead (EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM).

Can't wait to see the pictures taken with your new toy.

Congrats on the new lens. Been looking at that particular lens for awhile but I always shy away from it because I want a faster lens instead (EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM).

Can't wait to see the pictures taken with your new toy.

Yep, that one's on my wish list too, but right now I just couldn't double the budget. And it hit me yesterday at the park while trying to take a picture of a squirrel that SOMETHING had to give, so it came down to this one and the EF 70-200mm f/4L USM. I went with the 70-300 for two reasons - 1.) mainly because of the IS. I think it opens it up opportunities for shots that might not work with the other one (not enough light), making it a better all around lens for me. And 2.) it's less conspicuous and lighter. And since I usually have my daughter in tow and am paranoid about dropping it or clunking it as I make sure she doesn't run into traffic, I thought for trips to the park this would be easier to handle.

But I definitely have my sights set on a faster L series lens, but I think this will be a good start for my purposes. I'm going out with it tomorrow to take some pictures of a friends dog and some golf carts for friends (which I would welcome suggestions on.. never took pictures of cars before).

Most reactions

Back