Got a new toy today.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got an Interfit 24"x24" softbox for my strobe today. Had to get it out and try it out, but I was the only model around to start with. Then I recruited my Little Guy to help me out. He was in a good mood, so he got in the shots with me.

1) Just me. I could use some fill but no one there to hold the reflector.

softbox test-215-Edit.jpg

2) My helper finally got in the shot.

softbox test-220-Edit.jpg

3) Then he decided to choke me out.

softbox test-226-Edit.jpg

I'm thinking of a 24x24. I'm thinking you could carry that around without to much trouble. Any bigger might be a hassle. Nice kid! :)

liking your new avatar

much better than the last one :)

I'm thinking of a 24x24. I'm thinking you could carry that around without to much trouble. Any bigger might be a hassle. Nice kid! :)

This one comes with a little bag to carry all the stuff, except the stand. The soft box has it's own bag and folds up like a reflector.

Nice! Seems like a bit more fall-off than I'd expect from a softbox.. How far away was the light?

Jake

Nice! Seems like a bit more fall-off than I'd expect from a softbox.. How far away was the light?

Jake

I'd guess maybe 2-3 feet. I felt at times, I was having to look around it. I had the power on the speedlight down to 1/8 or 1/4 power.

Jake

I'd guess maybe 2-3 feet. I felt at times, I was having to look around it. I had the power on the speedlight down to 1/8 or 1/4 power.

Hmm, interesting. What do you mean "look around it"?

2-3' is a good working distance for a 24" softbox, but there's way more specularity, especially in your forehead than I would expect. Next time, try dropping the power another half stop or so.

Ron I love that boy. Have 6 grown sons. Brings back memories. Ed

2-3' is a good working distance for a 24" softbox, but there's way more specularity, especially in your forehead than I would expect. Next time, try dropping the power another half stop or so.

Thanks John. I'll keep playing with it to learn. I tried the 1/8 and 1/16 power on a couple of shots and felt like they were REALLY dark and under exposed when I tried to process them.

I was at 100mm at f/7.1 at 1/125 at ISO 500.

I just need to find a day or two to spend playing with it and all the settings. It is different than the umbrella's that I've been using but I like it a lot more.

Thanks Ed. That boy is a special gift, that is no doubt. He is the only boy to continue on the Lane name, so he is spoiled by my bother and Dad. We are extremely thankful for him and our daughter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back