Got my new D90

Valvaren

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I haven't really been able to do much with it, only got it yesterday :p and its been crappy out and i've been sick so I haven't gotten outside to take any good pictures. Still trying to find my way around the settings and I was little worried it would be overwhelming but i'm slowly but surely picking things up.

I can't really take any pictures of my pets besides my cat as I haven't figured out (if it even can) how to get it to take closer up pictures, (I really don't think it can as it is just a basic lens and has a very far away distance to focus as the minimum so the cat has been my main subject. I'm not even sure if i'm making sense, I've been up since 5 am (18 hours roughly) on 4 1/2 hours of sleep so I'm not really all here.

Basically just posting this one shot I have, its not the best and i'm still working on my PP skills but I figured I would post anyway so you guys could give me some pointers so I can enjoy my next few sick days annoying my cat :D

For what I don't really like about it, is how his ear is cut off, and how they are out of focus (his nose also) and I also find its not as straight as I would like, but again all of this is from a bad position (laying on my couch, I know excuses haha) But I want to see what else you guys pick out that I can't see yet since i'm not sure what to really look for. I've already been proven that I don't see all I think there is to see so I want your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Fid.jpg

You nailed the focus on his eyes and that's the main thing. A little more DOF on his nose and ears would ahve helped, but the first thing most people notice about a photograph like this is the eyes and they stand out beautifully.

That lens appears to be a 50mm f/1.8 (at least that's what the photo was shot at). If so it isn't a crappy lens by any means. It should have a minimum focus of a foot or two (edit ... 1.5' according to Nikon USA).

You'll enjoy the D90. They do a great job.

Last edited:
I liked it, thought the eyes looked very pretty. I also have a D90...and am trying to learn all of the features. I liked the cat's relaxed posture.....mine always looks high when I photograph her and she is mostly black so i get a lot of shine from her fur.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back