Got my new Studio/Living Space!!

Love it. It has a rustic, winter cabin, cozy feel.
Yeah, it's definitely a Northern Michigan kind of place. It's on a dead-end road, two blocks from a little town on the main road in the area (with 2 photographers with shops in it already - LOL). Going to the end of the dead end road takes you a small set of locks on a very small, narrow river between two lakes, passing by only one or two other properties between my place and the river. Across the road from me is a wildlife preserve. Following the drive in front of my house from the dead end road toward the East takes you past two other properties owned by folks who only use them in the summer for vacationing, and ends at the river again, just North of the locks. The whole place is surrounded by trees and nature - very peaceful and calm.

I shot these a few blocks North of the place, long before I had any idea I'd be moving here. They show the river.

This one's just a "fly-by" out the vehicle window one morning:
Indian_River_8641.jpg

I shot this one with my Mamiya RB67 Pro loaded with Portra 400 (and developed by Dury's in Nashville for free when I bought my 5DMKII and 24-105 from them):
Alanson_Mamiya_RB67_Portra_400_0003.jpg

It's about 5 miles of this kind of scenery between the lakes - good for canoeing, kayaking, other small watercraft, fishing, etc.

So when are we ALL invited over for the housewarming?

So when are we ALL invited over for the housewarming?
I'll let you know as soon as I figure who best to use for the gift registry. :lol:

By the way, it will be a "remote" house-warming, located in Hawaii, and I'll need you folks to chip in for my round trip airfare and accommodations.
Thanks in advance! You ROCK!! :headbang:

Cancer is no joke man. Congrats! Looks cold there...

Most reactions

Back