Got my new Studio/Living Space!!

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last April, my cancer returned and knocked me out of commission a bit. I wrapped up what I was doing in Kansas City, MO, said a sad goodbye to my fantastic studio loft there, and returned home to Michigan to start my chemo treatments and stem cell transplant with help from family. I moved into a spare room at my sister's, stored my stuff in her pole barn, and went to work with the doctors and nurses for the next several months, with much help from her, her husband, and my mother who lives nearby.

Now, things are looking pretty good for me in the health department again with my newest remission, so I'm ready to get back into action!

I've been scouting for a new place to live with space for another studio since about January in anticipation of that. Late last week I found it, met with the landlord, and did the deal. I got my internet service hooked up today, and my nephews will be moving my stuff for me this coming Saturday.

I'm SO SUPER EXCITED!!!!!! WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! :boogie:

I'll have photos tonight or tomorrow, but here's the layout of the place:

Bucks_Alanson_Studio.jpg

The wall between the kitchen and studio area is bar-height, so it's all very open and airy, which I love. I'll use the extra bedroom for when my daughter & grandkids visit, storage, office area, or whatever.

Man, I'm LIKING THIS!!!! :D

Ahh looks good! :)
I'd suggest throwing a sofa-bed into the spare room if you can and then you can have it as a general lounge wit the TC and stuff if you need to.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the place all kitted out :)

Yay for you!! That's awesome!! Congrats on the new diggs!!:hug::

Last edited:
that is badass Buckster!
congratulations on the recovery! beat that cancer DOWN!
10x30x9 is a pretty amazing bit of space. i was happy with our 10x16x8.

Looks good, Buckster. I was happy to read the part about the new remission, and I am wildly jealous of the 30 foot uncluttered length.

That is awesome Buckster! Happy to hear to have made it through the storm with such spirits.

I'm happy to here that your cancer is in remission Buckster!

Last April, my cancer returned and knocked me out of commission a bit. I wrapped up what I was doing in Kansas City, MO, said a sad goodbye to my fantastic studio loft there, and returned home to Michigan to start my chemo treatments and stem cell transplant with help from family. I moved into a spare room at my sister's, stored my stuff in her pole barn, and went to work with the doctors and nurses for the next several months, with much help from her, her husband, and my mother who lives nearby.

Now, things are looking pretty good for me in the health department again with my newest remission, so I'm ready to get back into action!

I've been scouting for a new place to live with space for another studio since about January in anticipation of that. Late last week I found it, met with the landlord, and did the deal. I got my internet service hooked up today, and my nephews will be moving my stuff for me this coming Saturday.

I'm SO SUPER EXCITED!!!!!! WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! :boogie:

I'll have photos tonight or tomorrow, but here's the layout of the place:

The wall between the kitchen and studio area is bar-height, so it's all very open and airy, which I love. I'll use the extra bedroom for when my daughter & grandkids visit, storage, office area, or whatever.

Man, I'm LIKING THIS!!!! :D

That's right Buck you show that cancer who'boss!! Oo..Congrats on the new place, and I'm jealous.. there I said it.

Thanks all!!!

Here are some snaps of the studio and kitchen area. Needs some paint, and I want to remove the chandelier.

Alanson_Studio_0295.jpg

Alanson_Studio_0303.jpg

Alanson_Studio_0311.jpg

Alanson_Studio_0318.jpg

Alanson_Studio_0326.jpg

Alanson_Studio_0332.jpg

Alanson_Studio_0338.jpg

Awesome news on both accounts, especially the health issue. Cool looking diggs. :thumbsup:

Love it. It has a rustic, winter cabin, cozy feel. Now you just need some booze and a camo Snuggie!
$070W023904240001.jpg

Your a great guy, and I'm happy for you..And ah where do you get those snuggie's at.

Most reactions

Back