got my sigma 18-35mm 1.8 art lens.

There is could be 'sweet spot', but is rare. Sometimes, my Lens is not sharp at lower f-stop, but when I increase the f-stop to f/10, the image looks tack sharp.‭

from what i was reading this lens does have a sweet spot around f/8 but i have not tried that out yet.

the focus being off was the real issue with this lens.. anything over 1 meter - infinity it was missing focus pretty bad, i took a few shots of my neighbors car and the focus point was on the door handle but when i zoomed in on the car, the whole car was out of focus which was giving me a blury not at all sharp image. when shooting that address sign and light post next door it was nice and blury too..

now it seems to be producing a pretty sharp image even wide open. i would say its now focusing on what i have focus point on.

Yeah. Dropping $ on glass.

they say the lens is more important that the camera body. i have seen some absolutely amazing images come out of lower end camera that had a good lens on it.

*bows* :D
Thanks, I figured out I can't afford gear so I had to learn how to use what I had. :( :)

*bows* :D
Thanks, I figured out I can't afford gear so I had to learn how to use what I had. :( :)

yeah, i know how that goes, unfortunately i cant seem to keep my credit cards in my wallet very long. i really need to stop buying things on credit. i sold a old camera body and a few lenses i was not using and that pretty much paid for this lens. i just need to pay off he 150-600 now lol

I'm lucky, I can't afford a credit card either! :p
Last thing I bought on credit was a $10.000 motorcycle in 2007 (6 years of payments).
I lost my job next year.
-.-

Needless to say I'll be buying my next lens using cash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back