Got to love NY and photographers in the area :)

Thanks for linking everyone to my ad. Now my business will really go up!

I just saw something like this yesterday. Some woman was advertising for a wedding in the first week of June, asking for a student to donate their time for portfolio credit and nothing else really. She had this long list of what shots she expected for no money, and she made a real point, albeit apologetically, of saying they were not even going to providing the person with a catered meal during what would be a whole day of work because they couldn't afford that extra meal.

Mind you it's already May, almost prime wedding season, and they expect someone to be available for a major event at very short notice. They were having their wedding and reception in a church, in formals, with a full wedding party, a dinner after in a venue with a caterer, a local band, and a professionally done wedding cake! We're talking 10-15K minimum here already.

The only thing I can think is that apparently they either got the rest of it for free, and hoped for the same with a photographer, or they just were not willing to pay a photographer, even a student photographer, anything close to real prices for their time.

Someone did reply, rather sarcastically, but I'm just betting this woman's inbox saw plenty of action on that score.

People like this are exactly why if I ever do the deed it's going to be just me, my intended, and a couple of good friends on a beach in a white swim suit and a sarong with a wreath of flowers or something on my head!

The utter insanity of big weddings and with brides in particular just makes me want to run, run, RUN away from any kind of assignment doing one. I know there's a lot of money there, but the crap you must have to put up with doing weddings would be enough to make me want to vomit just thinking about having to do it all the time.

Seriously....

You know what really pissed me off...
I have B&G that spend close to 15grand on a 3-4hr reception that looks like )(*&^%$#@ with barely any food, horrible music, about 50-60 guests. AND they argue with me over $50 discount. Not sure how many people would know - but going to the Russian Restaurant and throwing a party (b/c that it exactly what some of these weddings looks like a basic party w/o any ceremony or city whole ceremony) for 50-60ppl would be about 9grand AND be much more entertaining with better food.

Its undoftunate how this business have been cheapened. Back in film days, photographers had self respect, clients had respect for the art. Today there's NO RESPECT going either way :(

WOW thats all I have to say, people are crazy! Does not even own a camera and what to build a portfolio?!?!?!?! Do iphones even take decent pictures well I mean "snap shots"

WOW thats all I have to say, people are crazy! Does not even own a camera and what to build a portfolio?!?!?!?! Do iphones even take decent pictures well I mean "snap shots"
I think you might have missed something there. . . . .

OMG!! ..I'm soo hiring this guy, thanks for the post.
Oh damn I don't have an IPhone can he still send me the pics?.. I should go buy one so i can get my free pics right?.. oh and plan a wedding too, this offer is way to good to pass.

Oh damn I don't have an IPhone can he still send me the pics?.. I should go buy one so i can get my free pics right?.. oh and plan a wedding too, this offer is way to good to pass.

Marry me and will hire this guy :lmao:

I would seriously run such an ad just to see what the response was like. Dang, I still remember and still talk about the time my photo store had a special on used film...

Apparently, similar posts (mocks) go on all over the country. Nonetheless there are ppl who do this crap - basic camera/lens, book a wedding for $200 USDs and kill the market.

Marry me and will hire this guy :lmao:

I would seriously run such an ad just to see what the response was like. Dang, I still remember and still talk about the time my photo store had a special on used film...

Cloudwalker I will, I will!!.. who gets to fly where? oh I wonder if our amazing wedding photographer will pay for his own travel expenses just so he can take our picture!!. :greenpbl:

Seriously, this was a drunk prank post right?.. no one can really think they can do that right?.. right?! :confused:

Well, I can't say about drunk but I'm pretty sure it is a prank. I could see myself posting some such thing if I had thought of it.

Now, for the more serious aspect of this... I'll be in Mexico next week. Where are we getting married? And we will hire this guy :lol:

He is quite cheap after all...

where are you going?.. and what are you doing up at such an ungodly hour... if you are in europe isn't it like 5 or 6 am?

Most reactions

Back