Gothic Castle

Kanikula

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a picture of Peckforton Castle. Its only intact medieval castle in the country (England)

Its unfortunate that one the day we went to have a look around, they were promoting their Land Rover Discovery Experiance. I hoping to edit out the plants and cars at some point.

I had ALOT of work to do with this one, as you can see. Cs&Cs welcome :wink:
Before:
1330256234_2f048ce5a7_b.jpg

After:
1330251776_219005cbf9_b.jpg

The edited photo ooks nice although the crop goes right through that bush. Great colors though and a seemless combination to the new sky. Clone out the cars and I think it would be a great shot.

The edited photo ooks nice although the crop goes right through that bush. Great colors though and a seemless combination to the new sky. Clone out the cars and I think it would be a great shot.

Cheers Guys. Those plants/bushes will be going when i get some more time as well as the cars :wink:

Nice edit. Good luck on the further editing....sounds like a lot of work to me :p

I like how the birds came out as well. I'm not sure if those are photoshopped, but it looks great either way.

Cheers Guys. Those plants/bushes will be going when i get some more time as well as the cars :wink:

That sounds like a massive task!!! The light in the original shot is flat and dull and the highlights in the sky are blown out. IMO, no amount of post-processing will make this a great shot even when cloning out the plants and cars. I believe you don't leave too far from the castle; if I were you, I would go back when the cars have gone and when the light is better (maybe early morning or late afternoon).

Moreover, it looks like the 'after' shot does not correspond to the 'before' shot. The points of view are different and it looks like the second shot was made by stitching 2 different pictures (stitching them just behind the grey car).

Finally, the second shot does not work for me because of the over-processed look: over saturated colours and unrealistic sky; but that is just a matter of taste.

I take it your taking out the bushes as they are too modern right?

I'd be inclined to keep a version with them in before removing them (but take the cars out) as the HDR effect on them looks pretty wicked.

nice vibrant shot.

Most reactions

Back