Graffiti Bridge & Old Truck- CC welcome

crystalclear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to this old train trussel bridge the other day and shot some pics. Drove by an old store and found the truck sitting there and took a swing down by the river to see what I could find down there. Just a few pics from the day. C&C is welcome....I love this place you guys have been very helpful to me! Thanks for taking a look!

bridgesideways.jpg

bridge2.jpg

crystalbridge.jpg

feet21.jpg

oldtruck22.jpg

1. I keep wanting to turn my head to the right. I dont know if it is just me. But i love the character that the bridge has

2. Seems soft (little out of focus) would have loved to see her eyes better

3. I dont know if it is the girl and how her eyes are, but she seems to have a lazy eye.

4.Blown out on the feet and some of the rocks, the focus point is at the shore line and more towards the water, not sure if you wanted the feet to be out of focus or not

5.I like, but i think i would like to have seen more of the sign as well

Just my opinion:

1. As soon as the image loaded my head tilted on my neck without even thinking about it. That's not a good thing. I really like the color, contrast, and DOF. Get rid of that horrible angle and it'll be a good shot. Until then I'll bill you for the Advil I need to go take now.

2. I really wish her eyes were in better focus! That's the only thing that bothers me about this shot. Besides that I think everything else is great. I REALLY like how the dress matches the graffiti!

3. Much better focus! The color seems a little off, but that's probably from one opinion to the next. Her dress goes with the wall art even better in this shot. I would try to crop the shot down to put her face into the rule of thirds a little better, but overall, nice job!

4. I need more Advil. This one really hurts my eyes. The feet should be the main subject, and therefore in focus and not so overexposed.

5. I wish the truck and the sign were not cut in half. I would have probably shot this one in landscape. I do like the editing though, it really fits the feel of the shot.

Overall, nice job! I really like 2 and 3. #2 would be my favorite by far if her eyes were just clear, sharp, and in focus, but since that's not the case, #3 will take the top spot to me.

Thank you both for the great tips! Here are a few pictures of the bridge in color and not angled! It's a cool bridge. We have a ford f-150 pickup and we have to fold in our mirrors to go through it!

graffiti.jpg

bridgecolor.jpg

#1 The colors are nice, but the sky is either a little overexposed or just too hazy to do much for this shot. There isn't really much in this shot that makes me stare or think.

#2 I like the lines of the edge of the bridge, and the contrast between the smooth, hard concrete and the soft, bumpy mud. But again, I don't find it particularly striking.

I would like to see the shot of the person walking through the tunnel from an angle that lets us see the road ahead. Perhaps position the person lower in the frame, and let the road lead us up the picture - an image that makes us wonder where he is going, why he chose this path etc.

Most reactions

Back