Graffiti + Car + Abandoned Garage (C&C is welcome)

inaka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went back to take some more car pics last night.
Taken late at night by myself in an abandoned parking garage in downtown Oakland…what could possibly go wrong? :lmao:

These were HDR processed from 9 different shots of various exposures.

Nothing says "fun" like standing by yourself in an abandoned parking garage as you wait for the 8th shot to fire off taking 30 secs or more each time and strangers walk up behind you asking what you're doing. Good times.

Here are a few from this series...

Low Profile by InakaMike, on Flickr

Side Door by InakaMike, on Flickr

Side Swipe by InakaMike, on Flickr

Pole Position by InakaMike, on Flickr

I know not everyone likes HDR processing, but any comments or constructive criticism is welcomed, thanks.

pretty cool. Theres an abandoned car "shop" by where I live with tons of really cool graffiti I want to shoot at badly. but its all fenced off and chained up so unless I want to jump the fence and trespass I can't.

1 and 4 are my favorites, mostly 1. The reflections on the car in 2 and 3 are a little distracting.

Very cool PP, I totally dig.

I like these! Despite comments on the reflections, I really like #3. I think the angle is better than all the rest. It seems more focused on the car and not the graffiti.

Just my .02

looks good, the only thing i don't like is the bright highlights on the car

Thanks for the comments, I really do appreciate them.

I learned something from #3 and shooting these pics: It's not a bad idea to bring a step ladder for shots like this. I wanted to get a bit higher for #3 to show more of the sunroof/union jack, but I needed a a step ladder and didn't have one. I'm still learning and that was a pretty good thing to learn from this set.

Thanks again for the feedback.

i love the 2nd one man. i know the awkward feeling when people are walking by. But you dont care lol

I like #4. The main focus is on the car and then your drawn into the rest of the image where then notice the blue graffiti on the back wall and then you scan the rest of the image

I like them all. My only gripe would be the distortion from the wide angle lens.

I love all the colors. It just really pops to me

Wow I would love to shoot there. Where is this garage?

Do you know of any other spots like this? I have only found one really awesome warehouse in richmond with some dope graffitti, though nothing close to oakland. I live in east oakland, btw.

photocist, just sent you a PM with the info. Cheers.

Oh yeah, just do what I do and bring a fake cheesy velcro wallet with only $6 in it. That way if you get robbed, just hand that one over instead of your real one.
Works every time...LOL

Oh yeah, just do what I do and bring a fake cheesy velcro wallet with only $6 in it. That way if you get robbed, just hand that one over instead of your real one.
Works every time...LOL
I will have to start doing that on the regular. I should put a little piece of paper in the wallet that says "owned" LOL!!

Most reactions

Back