Grand Canyon pic

What a beautiful image! Sharp, good colours, and I love the shadows of the clouds on the rocks below.

Nice shot. So how is that glass deck there. I havent been to that part of the canyon since they put it up.

It's pretty cool, but I wouldn't go back though. Cost $30 to get in the park and another $35 for the Sky Walk :er:

you running a filter on the lens?

No filter, just some post processing on CS3

PM'd

Try cropping out that lady on the left, and some from the bottom of the shot.

I 2nd the crop

and I really like this shot! well done

+3 lol good **** man!

3613542530_52373f8736_o.jpg

much better...

Thanks everybody!

Uggg...makes me dizzy just looking at it. :pale:

Really nice picture though.

That lady is damn close to the edge there! I guess the fence is there for aesthetics.

Great shot though. I lived in AZ for 11 years and never went there.

Shaun, I re-cropped it similar to you and also adjusted the colors/contrast/exposure a bit. Let me know what you think.

20090610-3612683525_04974705a1_b-1.jpg

Shaun, I re-cropped it similar to you and also adjusted the colors/contrast/exposure a bit. Let me know what you think.

Did you adjust the color balance, seems a little too cool for me. Exposure is great though. Makes mine look a little washed out.

Did you adjust the color balance, seems a little too cool for me. Exposure is great though. Makes mine look a little washed out.

I brought down the saturation point of the oranges if that's what you meant. It looked WAY too yellow/orange on the rocks otherwise. I didn't adjust it from warm to cool other than that though. Other than the exposure and contrast, this is how you shot it.

I had a different take on it... I think it was actually just right color-wise. I think it just needs about +20 on contrast, +5 on saturation (questionable) and a VERY slight sharpening. I think the way you did it now makes the sky look unreal.

Oh I guess I should just do my own pass at it... here...

canyon.jpg

very beautiful. I used to live in arizona while I was in high school. We went there once for a field trip haha.

I prefer the warm color because it gives me more a sense of feel of how it was when I was there.

Most reactions

Back