Grandbaby arrived

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Delivery and baby healthy, but there was a construction problem at their home. There was a delay last week and another delay and one today. They are staying at his parents house. I took a few photos at the house, but daughter was exhausted and didn't want to be in the photos. Her recovery was more important than getting photos. I had about 15 minutes to shoot before we left to travel home. After posting the newborn doll practice thread, I took a lifestyle type photo class at Creative Live. We are going to visit next month so hopefully things will be better for them. I did pick up pointers in the class and will disregard the swaddle segment.

I've experimented with a Fuji film look in Nik collection. I opted not to soften the baby's skin.

1. At the hospital a few hours old. Went with a little matte effect
071118_002BlkWhtSmallWeb.jpg

071118_045_4x5SmallWeb.jpg

3. big yawn
071118_048_5x7SmallWeb.jpg

071118_055_1croppedSmallWeb.jpg

Congratulation to the parents and grandparents! I was just thinking today it should be time for some pictures! However I must admit I'm surprised to see little arms, legs and feet all askew after all that talk about swaddling. :cool-48:

Bet the time till the next trip will seem to pass excruciatingly slow. We get antsy to see our Jemms after only a few days.

Nice pictures, very cute little one! Newborns are so adorable.

Yeah! Looking forward to seeing lots more of the lil darling. What’s the baby’s first name?

Nice set of images, congrats to the whole of the family.

Thanks all for the congrats! His name is Mason. I will be counting down until next visit. The three grand girls live nearby and I wish the grandson did too. But, we will be making trips to see him.

@smoke665 I had to chuckle about your swaddle reference. To swaddle, not to swaddle, how to swaddle :1247:. I did learn some sound advice here on safety. Personally, I like the loose swaddle to see his arms & feet.

Thanks all for the congrats! His name is Mason. I will be counting down until next visit. The three grand girls live nearby and I wish the grandson did too. But, we will be making trips to see him.

@smoke665 I had to chuckle about your swaddle reference. To swaddle, not to swaddle, how to swaddle :1247:. I did learn some sound advice here on safety. Personally, I like the loose swaddle to see his arms & feet.

Great name! I agree about the loose swaddle. Nothing is cuter than baby toes.

Congratulations to the family, lovely images, love the B&W!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back