Grasshopper and Butterfly! What do you guys think?

timarp000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
$DSC_0436.jpg

$DSC_0446.jpg

Please Check out more of my Photography on my Facebook Page!
https://www.facebook.com/pramitvraophotography
What do you guys think about these shots? Please leave comments.

Also Like and Share my photography page!

Each in their own way, quite beautiful...sort of painterly in the way they approach natural subjects...evocative..not uber-high-rez, focus-stacked, ultra-fake-looking...but actual photographic renderings with an old-fashioned "feel" to them.

The optical defects/aberrations/lens-rendering nature of the lens you used shows up and plays a big part in these photos; that is something modern macro enthusiasts have stopped doing for the most part. So many macro shooters today focus stack their macros, and eliminate ALL sense of an actual,imperfect lens being used...no CA is allowed, no optical distortion, clean, ultra-sterile lenses with SUPER-flat field work are used, and the results are sterile--that is why I call these "sort of painterly".

Each in their own way, quite beautiful...sort of painterly in the way they approach natural subjects...evocative..not uber-high-rez, focus-stacked, ultra-fake-looking...but actual photographic renderings with an old-fashioned "feel" to them.

The optical defects/aberrations/lens-rendering nature of the lens you used shows up and plays a big part in these photos; that is something modern macro enthusiasts have stopped doing for the most part. So many macro shooters today focus stack their macros, and eliminate ALL sense of an actual,imperfect lens being used...no CA is allowed, no optical distortion, clean, ultra-sterile lenses with SUPER-flat field work are used, and the results are sterile--that is why I call these "sort of painterly".
I used an 18-55mm with a diopter lens. It was the most economical solution i could find as I dont have the cash for a proper Macro Lens but im saving up. Im 14 so I just this bought this for a quick, easy and temporary solution. Im Looking to upgrade soon :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back