Grasshopper/locust whatever you call it.

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Yay this is my first macro post. Didn't find my other ones that great as compared to those insane ones you people drop here. I don't consider this impressive either, but I am fairly happy with these given what I have.

Found this guy on the road and picked him up. I borrowed a piece of drift wood that my neighbour has to use as a background. Lighting is a florescent desk lamp that I found under my bed. So it's not the most ideal set up, but I tried to make the best out of it.

Lens is just a 105mm macro VR. This guy is big, so I didn't need more power to get more details. Of course, there's never enough magnification when it comes to macro!

DSC_2304.jpg

DSC_2339.jpg

DSC_2322.jpg

DSC_2344.jpg

DSC_2310.jpg

That lens is the only macro tool I have (besides the flash of course), nothing wrong with it. ^^

I really like that 4th shot, it looks fun.
On the others the composition isn't too strong IMO, they are well lit though and the colors look very nice.

I like #4 also.. but would have shot it or cropped it vertically to maximize that "face"! lol!

Nice shots.. I know these babies are bright green, but I think your saturation is a little over the top!

Well I didn't touch the saturation bar.

I tried to feed it with a bunch of grass, some lettuces and corn. It didn't really want to eat, so I let the poor depressed soul go after I took these shots.

I like #4 also.. but would have shot it or cropped it vertically to maximize that "face"! lol!

Nice shots.. I know these babies are bright green, but I think your saturation is a little over the top!

That's from the rich,luscious,deep,saturated color the 105 VR Nikkor produces. The newer 60mm and 105 G-series models have an almost hyperrealistic "look" to their images.

Well I didn't touch the saturation bar.

I tried to feed it with a bunch of grass, some lettuces and corn. It didn't really want to eat, so I let the poor depressed soul go after I took these shots.

Do you have your picture control set to VIVID? I find that sometimes that can be a bit much... but sometimes I love it. Depends on the colors it is boosting!

That's from the rich,luscious,deep,saturated color the 105 VR Nikkor produces. The newer 60mm and 105 G-series models have an almost hyperrealistic "look" to their images.

Yep.. great lens! Love mine! :)

Most reactions

Back