Great blue heron early this morning..

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
it was still kind of dark when i got to my birding spot this morning, photos are a bit more grainy than i like but i think they still turned out pretty good.

DSC_2098.jpg
DSC_2115.jpg
DSC_2140.jpg
DSC_2144.jpg
DSC_2169.jpg
DSC_2172.jpg

Awesome, man you can capture some birds... Well done sir.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sweet! Do you use a kayak to shoot them?

Sweet! Do you use a kayak to shoot them?
He don't need one, he has a flipping space hubble astronomy telescope for a lens. [emoji13]

its not quite a hubble telescope lol, my 600mm lens has a good amount of zoom but allot of the time you are still wishing you had more.. you still get to get close enough to them to get good shots, especially for small birds the closer the better.,

i do not use a kayak, i am just able to find them in good spots where they hang out that are too terribly far away from where i stand, i almost always still need to crop the photos though unless i find one on the same side of the shore where i am and i can walk over to it. herons around here don't seem to be that worried about people, there have been times when i have been 10 feet away from a heron, maybe less before it started to worry about me being there. even at that point it just kind of slowly starts inching away from me like hey don't get in my personal bubble. other times i was not even close to one and it flew off, not sure if its because it saw me or if it was just ready to fly off anyways.

These are great wildlife photos. As a very new beginner I went out and shot wildlife this last weekend. Obviously I did not get any shots worth putting up here. Can't wait to go out again hopefully I will get a shot worthy of posting here.

Roger

These are great wildlife photos. As a very new beginner I went out and shot wildlife this last weekend. Obviously I did not get any shots worth putting up here. Can't wait to go out again hopefully I will get a shot worthy of posting here.

Roger
Post a few to get feedback so you can get better. Help yourself and others at same time.

Roger

you will, metro parks where the animals are accustomed to seeing people are the time are a great place to go, do a google search for birding or wild life spots in your area and start going to check the places out till you find some that you like. i think i have 3 or 4 places i go regularly and a few i got to occasionally. if find places with lots of trees and large lakes or bodies of water are good places to go.

first off you got to find the right spots where the types of animals you want to shoot frequently hang out. than you have to be very patient and wait for something to come along, once you see something you either need to be very still and wait for it to get close to you, or you have to get close to it with out scaring it away.

where i go i mainly see birds, when i am shooting birds if there is a tree where i see lots of birds regularly ill get close to the tree and set on my little portable seat or just stand there and wait if i do not have my seat and try not to move around much. pretty soon birds will start to fly into the tree, i move the camera into position slowly and wait for one to get on a branch were its kind of out in the open. you really don't want shots where there are a bunch of tree branches in front of the bird.. some times it fly's away before it moves to a good spot where i can shoot it. when i see them in the lake i just stand still on the shore and wait and hope it gets close enough that i can get a good shot. bigger birds are much easier to shoot compared to small birds. you need to be really close or have allot of zoom to shoot small things.

some days i go out and i barley see anything to shoot and come home with nothing, some days there are birds everywhere so it can definitely be hit and miss.. for me finding them was the hardest part, now that i know of a few good spots i usually have a pretty descent day when i go out shooting but not always.

Very nice. The flight pics stand out the best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back