Great Blue Heron "portrait style"

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally managed to sneak through some mud and tall reeds and get a close up shot of a Great Blue. The wind was blowing pretty hard and blew my cover so I only got one shot in, but I was pretty happy with it.. Comments welcome

Great Blue Heron Portrait by krisinct, on Flickr

I love love love the bokeh here. I think it's a lovely headshot. Any model would be proud to have that in his or her portfolio :p

Detail and sharpness are what draw me. BZ!

I love love love the bokeh here. I think it's a lovely headshot. Any model would be proud to have that in his or her portfolio :p
Those are big promises, but it still remains to be seen whether this photo does in fact make it onto that heron's modelmayhem profile or not, a week from now.

Those are big promises, but it still remains to be seen whether this photo does in fact make it onto that heron's modelmayhem profile or not, a week from now.

ROFL... it probably won't because of some b.s. like it makes her neck look fat.

Wow. I love that it is a unique perspective... I don't like birds at ALL but I love this shot. :)

Great shot, Kris.

If you want Great Blue Herons come on down here. I've got a spot where I can put you within about 30' of them and you don't even have to crawl to get there, just walk up to them slowly.

That is a great shot, I'm envious. There are Great Blue Herons that perch in the tree's across the river from my backyard nearly every morning, just don't have enough lens to get that close.

I really enjoy looking at your bird shots and this one is no exception.

Thanks everyone!

ROFL... it probably won't because of some b.s. like it makes her neck look fat.
LOL, it wasn't her neck being too fat, she said her beak was too long at this angle and not very flattering :)

Great shot, Kris.

If you want Great Blue Herons come on down here. I've got a spot where I can put you within about 30' of them and you don't even have to crawl to get there, just walk up to them slowly.
Up here they are very flighty. Wish I had time for a road trip :)

I really enjoy looking at your bird shots and this one is no exception.
Thank you Sasha :)

Great shot, Kris.

Up here they are very flighty. Wish I had time for a road trip :)
Good thing you didn't take me up on it! I was there about 3 weeks ago and at one point counted 14 Great Blue Herons and Black Crowned Night Herons just standing around on the banks looking for fish. Also Cormorants, Mallards, Grebes, Caspian Terns, Great Egrets, Killdeers, and a few others. I went yesterday morning and it was as if someone came by and stole everything except the Mallards. I saw two Great Blue Herons at long distance and that was it except for the Mallards. I guess they will be back sooner or later though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back