Great Classic Nikon Lenses

Since this thread is going down a rabbit trail, what about adapters? Like, I've seen a Nikon to Olympus adapter (so you can put Nikon lenses on an Olympus camera). What's up with that? Is there an adapter to do the reverse (Olympus lens on a Nikon camera)?

Unfortunately I don't know of any other lens mounts that will successfully mount and work on a Nikon... it's a matter of spacing; the focus would be off. There are almost certainly adapters being made cheaply for sale on Ebay but I would expect at best they will work as an extension tube and you would have a lens for close-up work only. Otherwise you'd need an optical element in the adapter, which would degrade the image. There's also the question of whether the camera will meter or even operate at all with an adapter - I suspect you would have a better chance with the higher-end Nikons which allow the use of older manual-focus Nikon lenses. Otherwise even with these old Nikons you might have more success using a Canon dSLR and an adapter. Personally I think it's a shame that systems aren't more 'interchangeable' - the Tamron "Adaptall" mount was a good attempt at this - but then I suppose it wouldn't be in any one company's interest to support that :???:

I've heard of Nikon lenses being used on Canon cameras successfully with an adapter but all the adapters I have heard about for Nikon cameras will not allow you to focus to infinity. I came by a Mamiya/Sekor 135mm lens a while back and got an M42 to F-mount adapter and it would, in fact, not focus to infinity but it did fit right on the body. Nice little lens too, right up there with a Nikkor Q 135/2.8 (which had been AI'd).

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back