Great Eagle Hunter

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:lol: Brandon (Clark Kent) & I went to Alton, IL for the Eagle migration the last week of January. There was a snow storm 1st 2 days, but on our 3rd day out the sun was shining but it was still very cold out. We were near the locks & dam. I couldn't resist snapping a pic of Brandon. There is a museum there and this huge inflatible eagle standing out by the door. I coaxed the eagle to move a little behind Brandon for this photo. Only good photo of an eagle for the morning! Thanks for looking and of course, C/C welcome!

Great-eagle-hunter-1092.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment. When you're out taking pictures, it's good to have 1 or 2 with a little humor in it. Makes for a memorable trip and experience.

Ah yes, I remember that day, it was cold and I couldn't find my stocking cap. That was a fun day!!!

So were you the yayhoos causing all the traffic backup on the Great River Road? :lmao::lmao:

We like to find the tourists and tell them there's a tree full of "rare black eagles" (vultures) up the road. You should see them scramble!

I love your pic!

Didn't see any yayhoos where we were at. I'll keep an eye open for 'em next year. Glad you like the pic. Thanks for the comment!

Most reactions

Back