Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
044-Egret-reeds-(2)-f.jpg

Decent enough environment shot there K.

Looks good!

I wasn't happy with it, I don't know why I put it up. I guess I felt I had to put up something, it's become a habit, lol!

Nice shot.......
Looks good!

Thanks guy.

Not happy, how?

The lighting sucked, it was overcast and everything appears a little dark. I'm ok with it but just not thrilled.

I wasn't happy with it, I don't know why I put it up. I guess I felt I had to put up something, it's become a habit, lol!

Nice shot.......
Looks good!

Thanks guy.

Not happy, how?

The lighting sucked, it was overcast and everything appears a little dark. I'm ok with it but just not thrilled.

To be honest, I quite prefer overcast (not too dark) conditions for wildlife. It gives a much softer, gentler light imo. Particularly when shooting subjects like you have here, there's way less chance of blowing the whites. No, I think you are being too harsh on yerself there chum. I'd certainly be happy with that shot if it were mine.

Nice shot.......
Looks good!

Thanks guy.

Not happy, how?

To be honest, I quite prefer overcast (not too dark) conditions for wildlife. It gives a much softer, gentler light imo. Particularly when shooting subjects like you have here, there's way less chance of blowing the whites. No, I think you are being too harsh on yerself there chum. I'd certainly be happy with that shot if it were mine.

Thanks, I appreciate that and I feel the same way about overcast days, it's just that the water and reeds look better with a little more light on them, they look dark and dull in color. The bird itself, being all white, is better exposed on a not so bright day so it worked out good for it. I guess I can't have everything, lol!

it's just that the water and reeds look better with a little more light on them, they look dark and dull in color.

...and now a word from our sponsor, the selective brush tool;)

Ha! I know about that tool and have used it numerous times but I'm not even going to attempt it with all those reeds, it's just not worth the effort.

Most reactions

Back