Great Egret

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
11142322-studio.jpg

Well exposed shot K. Not easy to hold the whites in bright sunshine.

Well exposed shot K. Not easy to hold the whites in bright sunshine.
Thanks. Not even a +2 helped much. With sunshine shots on white birds ya just have to take the shot and deal with it or don't take it at all.

Thanks. Not even a +2 helped much. With sunshine shots on white birds ya just have to take the shot and deal with it or don't take it at all.
I agree- although increasing the shutter speed ( shorter exposure) works well on white birds :)

Les

I agree- although increasing the shutter speed ( shorter exposure) works well on white birds :)

Les
Yep, agreed, but IF it's going to affect the rest of the picture in a bad way, say like darkening everything too much, losing too much light and color or creating too much noise then I'd rather just take the hit on the whites being too bright. Sometimes you find a happy medium. :wink-6:

Yep, agreed, but IF it's going to affect the rest of the picture in a bad way, say like darkening everything too much, losing too much light and color or creating too much noise then I'd rather just take the hit on the whites being too bright. Sometimes you find a happy medium. :wink-6:
I always shoot white Birds with a + of 1/3rd to 21 stop over exposure using the dial on the top of my Sony a7riv - easy enough to access- this is why I shoot Sony :)

XYEXOn9.jpg

Les

Most reactions

New Topics

Back