Great Falls Virginia Side

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
these falls are genuinely calm, but a few weeks ago we had so much rain they got a bit fussy. i have been playing with custom curves on the d70 and i'm sure i've overdone it here but wanted to show you what i got from the camera. i shoot manual which allows for lots of in-camera adjustments i.e., sharpness, contrast, sat, etc. i kinda like what i got but will bring it down a bit for the next batch. just sharing my experiments:

19748841-L.jpg

19748842-L.jpg

19748840-L-1.jpg

Awesome!

Is the water really muddy or PS work?

Maybe just a tad too much, but great shots.

I dont think anybody here minds at all if you share your experiments. ;)

Love the new avatar. Is there a story behind it? Just curious.

thanks guys. i'm glad you're not put off too much by them. i really like the latitude the d70 provides as i'm sure you're finding with the 20d.

I dont post here often because im very new to it all, i just like to look at pictures to get ideas and of course admire everyones great work. this one has to be one of my favs, reminds me of Noah's Ark since the first picture is almost identical to the picture i have in a childrens bible..... its really crazy
well anyways I really like it and good job!

AquaCan said:
I dont post here often because im very new to it all, i just like to look at pictures to get ideas and of course admire everyones great work. this one has to be one of my favs, reminds me of Noah's Ark since the first picture is almost identical to the picture i have in a childrens bible..... its really crazy
well anyways I really like it and good job!

i thought the same thing. i had a childrens bible story book and when i saw these i immediately remembered those days reading and looking at those illustrations. thanks guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back