Ah yes you have two very good points. Let me explain then I will take my licks graciously. I do just as little as humanly possible to my photographs. I am a retro kind of guy. That said, here comes my cop out explaination.
The background is a frosted window from my old studio. There are lots of old paint spots and just plain dirt. Im afraid to wash or scrape it. It comes in way to handy now and then.
The bright light on the glass I know it isn't just a tiny winnie bit it is awful. My cop out is that the back light through that window is so strong it is hard to balance the front light. I shoot all my digital with a point and shoot camera that has no features at all. So I cant balance the flash period. I tried paper over it and blocking it out almost completely no help at all.
Finally I pulled up an old light bulb in reflector that I use now and then for
ebay stuff. I had to have it right on top of the picture to get the back light balanced. That is why it has that flare. So in the end I was torn, toss the pic or accept that I was going to have to explain it and throw myself on the mercy of the court.
The short answer is I know , and wish I had a polarizer or could have lit if from the sides or brought a second lamp over. As it was I opted to play it as it lay.
Actually the story of how it was made is kind of interesting I find as I edit it.