Green Heron

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't get many opportunities to get good shots of these birds, I rarely see them and they aren't always in a good location for a good shot. This one was and I shot off a few safety shots before moving in closer for a better shot (without the black stick in front of it). Right when I was about to hit the shutter a guy walked past behind me and said in a strong, loud voice, "Get and good shots?!" I told him yes and I bit my tongue. I don't think he realized what he'd just done and he was a friendly old guy. Anyway, the safety shot at distance was decent I thought so it wasn't a total loss. Maybe I need to carry portable signs around with me, "DANGER! Photographer At Work" :wink-6:

11142061-studio.jpg

Forgot to put this up. I did nothing to it, it's too far gone.

11142065-studio.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot! The bird is nice and crisp. It's discouraging when people do that; you just have to close your eyes and count to ten, and politely thank them, while keeping your inner Don Rickles in check...

You still got a good photo there. I ran into a similar
situation yesterday trying to photograph a buck and doe snuggled down together in the grass.

Nice shot! The bird is nice and crisp. It's discouraging when people do that; you just have to close your eyes and count to ten, and politely thank them, while keeping your inner Don Rickles in check...
Thanks, Jeff, I appreciate it. Yeah, I really had to slap my inner Don Rickles upside the head when he started to open his smart mouth.

You still got a good photo there. I ran into a similar
situation yesterday trying to photograph a buck and doe snuggled down together in the grass.
Thanks, Pete. Did you slap your inner Don Rickles, too?

I hate when that happens. Usually happens to me when someone is walking their dog. Birds don't like dogs. I've never heard of a green Heron. Nice shot for a safety shot.

I hate when that happens. Usually happens to me when someone is walking their dog. Birds don't like dogs. I've never heard of a green Heron. Nice shot for a safety shot.
Thanks, appreciate it. He actually did have a dog with him, a cocker spaniel, but it was quiet. Apparently the dog hadn't trained him yet. :wink-6:

Oh, I almost forgot to include the shot of it bolting after I got into position without the stick being in the way. I think I flinched when it did, it's so blurry. The pic is pretty much untouched, no use trying to help it.

11142065-studio.jpg

Last edited:
Good capture but IMO half of this shot should be cropped

Other people is something we Photographer have to suffer Kirk- Unfortunately :(

Thanks, Pete. Did you slap your inner Don Rickles, too?
Yes I did. They were quite oblivious and self-centered. There would have been no point doing otherwise.

Great image.

Yes the casual questions have cost me more than a few opportunities.
The other one that gets me is all of the entitled people that let their dogs off leash in areas that have signs strictly stating they must remain on leash.

Great image.

Yes the casual questions have cost me more than a few opportunities.
The other one that gets me is all of the entitled people that let their dogs off leash in areas that have signs strictly stating they must remain on leash.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Consideration for others is becoming rare and it's sad.

Most reactions

Back