Green Moth

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot these today right outside my front door. I saw it and was like wow, wheres my camera? I ran inside to remember that my batteries were dead, so I got some charge and it was still there. It actually is still there now and these were taken at about 12:00 this afternoon. really cool moth. C&C much apreciated. I saturated the colors a bit as you can see, do you think it is too much color? Thanks. All comments and critisizm are welcome!
I desaturated them a little what do you guys think now?
2183775550101958189wqnYZc_fs-1.jpg

2056363510101958189vSJLIN_fs-1.jpg

2233970060101958189kgeRCs_fs-1.jpg

2537536660101958189zgGEEB_fs-1.jpg

2056363510101958189vSJLIN_fs-1.jpg

2949701250101958189tJnGTY_fs.jpg

It's a Luna Moth. I think the color is too much, because they aren't typically that bright in person - more of a pale ghostly blueish green which is gorgeous in its own right.

It's a Luna Moth. I think the color is too much, because they aren't typically that bright in person - more of a pale ghostly blueish green which is gorgeous in its own right.
Ya It was pretty bright green but my camera's saturation is aweful so it looked grey, but ya I definatley added too much color. I think the last one is pretty accurate of the real color that it was.

What a beautiful creature! If I ever have to be reincarnated as a bug I think that's the one I want to be. ;)

I wonder what he hears through those elaborate antennae?

What a beautiful creature! If I ever have to be reincarnated as a bug I think that's the one I want to be. ;)

I wonder what he hears through those elaborate antennae?

Yeah that would be nice to be one of those moths but only for a day, then I might get sick of it

I fixed the pictures I think they look bad now too, I'm not sure what to do with them because I want them to look decent because that moth was really cool.

Beautiful Luna pix. They're nocturnal, so you got lucky finding him in a place to shoot him. They had a couple here at the butterfly exhibit at the botanical gardens, but they were always sleeping on the ugly screen wall.

I wish you'd taken one head on without your hand and a little closer to the beast.

I think 2 is incredible, but I think the most impressive part is the equipment you used. You are definitely using your point-and-shoot to the limits of its capabilities, and deserve that DSLR. Keep up the good work!

Beautiful Luna pix. They're nocturnal, so you got lucky finding him in a place to shoot him. They had a couple here at the butterfly exhibit at the botanical gardens, but they were always sleeping on the ugly screen wall.

I wish you'd taken one head on without your hand and a little closer to the beast.

Thanks! I got some more like that without my hand, look out for them tomorow they should be up.

I say put the saturation back on them. It wasn't overwhelming by any means. The color cast, i.e. the shade, really takes a lot of the color out of them.

I say put the saturation back on them. It wasn't overwhelming by any means. The color cast, i.e. the shade, really takes a lot of the color out of them.
Ok, so you think I should put them to look like the ones up top or should I put a little more or a little less saturation then those? Thanks

Nice captures

I wonder what he hears through those elaborate antennae?[/quote]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The feathery antennae of the male luna moth enable it to detect the pheromones emitted by the female and find his way to the female to mate on a warm summer night.

[/FONT]

Most reactions

Back