Greetings Everyone!

Arkas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi!
I have been shooting film since the mid 8os. I mostly work with slide film (Velvia and Provia).
I took a break from photography for almost a decade, mostly because I resisted digital photography.
I still can't get over the thought of getting rid of so much gear...
I do own 1 digital P&S and an Epson slide scanner.
I'm back now, and my goal is to finally learn how to process my own slide film as well as maybe get a good DSLR.

Thanks for reading this!

Welcome!

I've never used film. I always say one day I'll give it a go but I'm just too spoiled with digital.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Don't give up film digital will not give you the same satisfaction I found that out after spending loads on digital, then a friend loaned me one of his Leica's and I was hooked I now have 2 and a Sony A7 but hardly use it

I spent 45 years working (on and off but mostly on) as a pro photog and most of that time I used film but did go to digital toward the end. I adore film and film cameras. I've got so many film cameras I forget what I have. I saw a zoomey-looking Olympus 35mm film camera with a built in lens recently and realized I have one of those somewhere but haven't run across it for a couple of years.
Recently I bought an old Rolleiflex that was made about the time I started off in photography and it is in terrific shape.
People ask is film dead and I say, nah, it is now a niche in the art world like silkscreens (serigraphs) are to oil paintings. Have fun.

Welcome Arkas, to the forum. Back in the film only days I was a news photog. I shot and printed nearly every working day. I love digital ... it is much cleaner and faster with greater latitude to recover from mistakes. Good luck with digital. We're all here to learn, help and share.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back