Greetings from a total Noob

Pete K.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody,

I'm more or less getting started with digital photography, as a hobby, beyond point and shoot, and from the looks of it, I have a lot of reading, learning, and more than a little experimentation.
And after all that, of course, questions.
Currently I'm working with A D3400, a 18-55 zoom, 70-300 zoom, (came with the camera) a 500mm telephoto lens, and very soon, a 105mm 2.8 macro lens. There's more accessories, but too much to go into at this point.

The camera takes decent photos on it's own, but now it's time for me to take a bit more control of things, to do it better, and see if an old dog can learn some new tricks. :)

Pete

Hello everybody,

I'm more or less getting started with digital photography, as a hobby, beyond point and shoot, and from the looks of it, I have a lot of reading, learning, and more than a little experimentation.
And after all that, of course, questions.
Currently I'm working with A D3400, a 18-55 zoom, 70-300 zoom, (came with the camera) a 500mm telephoto lens, and very soon, a 105mm 2.8 macro lens. There's more accessories, but too much to go into at this point.

The camera takes decent photos on it's own, but now it's time for me to take a bit more control of things, to do it better, and see if an old dog can learn some new tricks. :)

Pete
Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome, nice to have you here. Looks like you have a very capable kit!

Hi Otherprof.
Just on the north side of the pond from you. or about 12 to 15 miles as the boat sails. :)

Hi Zulu42,
Problem is when I start something I tend to dive in at the deep end. After playing with some of this, I find that I need to get above water, so I can make use of what I have to its full potential. just need to get a handle on everything versus letting the camera do the work for me.

Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back