Greetings from Colorado! Newbie here

SubOhmGirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, my name is Nic and I just barely joined this forum. I live in Colorado and do graphic design and shipping for a vape company. I am no stranger to photography and have always had a point and shoot digital camera and then photoshopped my photographs but I've decided to get more serious with it and combine my art and learn photography "for real". So..... tonight I pulled the trigger on a Nikon D3400 bundle that comes with a ton of stuff; lenses, a backpack, filters, cleaning and battery charging accessories and a tripod. I did a lot of research and talked to people and it's supposedly one of the best for an intermediate type of beginner like me without getting up there into the thousands of dollars.... I hope I chose well!

I'm excited to have found this forum and I am super excited to learn and share my work with you all... as well as parts of the beautiful state I call home. As far as what types of photography I intend to do and learn more about.... Macro-I like closeups of flowers and stones so that is a definite. Wildlife and Nature-I love it and my state is perfect for this. Portraits-I've always been great with the pocket camera at events getting candid shots of people in action but I'd like to learn more on this too. I'm also a musician and would love to shoot some concerts eventually.

Random other stuff.... Like I said I'm a musician, I play a lot of instruments but drums is my passion. I've competed in several different types of drumlines from DCI to Scottish drumming. I vape. I have a mastiff mix named Ramesses. Uhhh yeah! So, I'll be going crazy for the next week or so until my camera arrives and then I'll be posting like crazy!

Welcome! Congratulations on the new camera!

Welcome to the forum. And congratulations on the new camera.

Welcome. Sounds like you have many opportunities to practice and the passion to do so! Please share often! You do live in a beautiful state.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you for the welcome! I finally got my camera today! Yayyyyyy! Unfortunately by the time my battery was charged, it was already dark so I have only gotten a few quick shots of my dog Ramesses who hates being in front of the camera lol.
YEbeou

welcome to the forum

Most reactions

Back