Greetings From MD

Xbrandon_graffX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone. I am a photographer from the Hagerstown, MD area. I like Concert Photography and Pin-Up/Boudoir Photography. Pretty novice at both but I always have my camera just in case. Would like to start my introduction with a question if you may.

Havent photographed a concert in a while, what is the best lens to use? Kit lens or 50mm/1.8 prime? And when using a speedlite whats the best settings for both the light and best mode for the camera? Will most likely be low light venues. Any help is appreciated.

snowbear

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Welcome aboard from the greater Waldorf-La Plata metropolis of Charles County!

As far as concerts - that depends a whole lot on the venue and what they allow. I've had a little luck with a P&S from three rows from the front (though noisy) and from midway back in a small theater with an 18-135 kit lens using just stage lighting (sport mode, IIRC). More often than not, I just leave the camera home and enjoy the show.

Nikon Coolpix P&S:

Nikon D40 & 18-135 kit lens:
file0001172658663.jpg

OP
Xbrandon_graffX

Xbrandon_graffX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome aboard from the greater Waldorf-La Plata metropolis of Charles County!

As far as concerts - that depends a whole lot on the venue and what they allow. I've had a little luck with a P&S from three rows from the front (though noisy) and from midway back in a small theater with an 18-135 kit lens using just stage lighting (sport mode, IIRC). More often than not, I just leave the camera home and enjoy the show.

Nikon Coolpix P&S:

Nikon D40 & 18-135 kit lens:
file0001172658663.jpg
Thank you! Its usually in little fire halls or rec halls. Just little local bands. I usually hate taking a camera but sometimes ill just go to a show just to practice. My pictures. So usually they arent picky.

Most reactions

New Topics