Grey Market... HUH??

No the lens has an adorama warranty just from the store, not international. Is that bad?

No that's not bad. Adorama has been around for a long time and they're reputable. Overread is responding to my post to JerryPH, not my post to you.

does the lens have international warrenty?
I am aware that canon lenses with international warrenty can still be repaired under that warrenty if they are a grey import - though I must say this is second hand info and not from my experience
I don't know about nikkon

Who backs up this "international warranty?"

Canon. I have had experiences with a friend who had a bad lens he bought over seas, which even where he bought it from was a grey market import from Korea. Sent to Canon they sent it back fixed within 3 weeks.

As far as I know Nikon are the only people pedantic about the grey imports, and even then it depends on the country. Nikon Australia is more than happy to honour warranties on international products (I know because I had an issue with a flash bought in Austria and called them but in the end I didn't need to send it in). They just don't honour warranties on serial numbers either not in their database or of known grey market products.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back