Grey Market Products and Re-Sale

HaydenLindwall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, just sold my D7000 and am looking to purchase a D610. It seems I can get a new grey-market unit for about $300 cheaper than a domestic one.
I know I will not have a valid US warranty- that does not bother me in the least bit.

My question is, is this something that I would need to disclose when selling down the road, and if so, how is the value normally affected? The original warranty would be expired when I sell it anyway as I will keep it more than a year.

Thanks!

$300 cheaper for grey market D610 seems kind of low. Just be sure triple check and make sure the seller is legit, not one of those bait and switch or try to sell you a body without battery or you need to buy their way over priced accessories and memory cards otherwise they will keep telling you the camera is back order.

As for reselling it back, it does not really matter if you tell the buyer it is a grey market camera or not when warranty is already expired. The only different between camera sold through the regular channel or grey market channel is the warranty.

Nikon USA Service will not work on non-US serial numbered gear.
Warranty has nothing to do with it. They won't do paid repairs either.

So yes, you would need to disclose that the Nikon gear you are selling does not have a US serial number (Gray Market).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back