Grey Morning

Rod-UK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It really was a dull morning, the tide was out, and the estuary drained.
But for me there was a certain facination in this view, and I took the photo.
I think there is an atmosphere here, possibly; "A promise of " or "The end of"

GreyDay.jpg

This may be one of those pictures that one does or does not like, I like it. If it had some clouds it would be a terrific picture. I like the way you composed it and the river looks great, good choice in using the plants as a foreground.

When I first looked at this, the screen on my laptop was tilted back making the shot look very dark with heavy contrast. I tilted the screen forward to see the genuine colouring, and to be perfectly honest, I'd like to see the contrast upped some, almost to the point of losing any kind of detail on the landscape but just bringing out the lights and darks.

Just a suggestion! The subject itself has the potential to be very powerful. You're right, it is a drab scene but I think you captured a mood here really well. It'd be great to see that mood brought to the foreground.

Quote;-
(I'd like to see the contrast upped some, almost to the point of losing any kind of detail on the landscape but just bringing out the lights and darks.) unquote

I took the pic back into PS and fiddled with the levels.
Perhaps this is more to your liking

I'm glad you got what I was saying, I read my comment back after and wondered whether I'd made myself clear at all.

I love the updated version, it gives a much stronger sense of atmosphere.

The original has a nice mood set by the stark, dark tones. A captivating image possibly due to it's real randomness. Well seen.

Tuna

Most reactions

Back