Grey Sail | Coffee Belgian Stout

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out to Grey Sail and Beer'd breweries today to do some tastings, and snagged this at Grey Sail. Typically I don't like dark beers, but this one was delicious! The kicker? $5 got me the glass, and 5 tastings (each was easily 1/3 of the glass, probably ended up with 1.5 or so beers in total). Super cheap!

Grey Sail | Coffee Belgian Stout by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Jake

Thanks. Forwarding to my son, the Belgian beer aficionado.

Thanks. Forwarding to my son, the Belgian beer aficionado.

Definitely worth the monies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once he said he could live in Belgium, the beer being one for the plus column.

Beer beer beer!

If you like beer and aren't used to darks, the coffee stouts are definitely a good move. Heavy smoky mocha flavors, really savory. If you're feeling adventurous, try out Northern Light by Tall Tales Brewing Co. Really good stuff if you want to get into darks.

If you like beer and aren't used to darks, the coffee stouts are definitely a good move. Heavy smoky mocha flavors, really savory. If you're feeling adventurous, try out Northern Light by Tall Tales Brewing Co. Really good stuff if you want to get into darks.

I'll have to look into it! I'm a big fan of tasting different brews. We also went to Beer'd and I brought home a Growlet of their "8 days a week." Citrusy flavor with a strong hint of grapefruit. Tastes similar to long trail summer ale. [emoji106]

Beer is a slippery slope of deliciousness. Soon I'll have you trying sours *evil laugh* :fangs:

Hahah. Sours?

Yup, check it out

Aladdin_-_A_Whole_New_World_(1).gif

Lol

That Sour Brown Ale from the Lips of Faith series is killer, I'd definitely try that if you can find it. You're going to need to go to a legit bottleshop or a store with more rare stuff lined up. You can sometimes get lucky with Wholefoods if you have one nearby. Keep an open mind with sours!! Think warhead (the candy) mixed with a flavourful beer. Interesting stuff and super refreshing/sharp when you get used to it. Sours are typically good on their own, since they're hard to pair with food. They are also pallet destroyers so if you're getting one plan to drink it either alone or after you've had another beer of your choosing.

Most reactions

Back