Grr! Why do people have to be such dickheads!!!!!!!!!!

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay. So I was coming home from work today... And on the way home I noticed a odd banging noise.. Sounded like tin. I thought... hmm. I probably just hit a can. Or a small branch has attached itself to my car, it'll fall off eventually..

I got around the corner, and sure enough, it stopped. So i thought - hmm - cool.

Got home, thought nothing of it... My dad went off to pick my mum up from work in her car...

When they got home. mum came and said "Alecia, you number plate is falling off"... So i thought "AHHH thats what that noise was!" I asked my dad to fix it tonight, cause I had to go to work tomorrow...

So we went out there to fix it. Had to pop the back of my car open to try and get inside the back part (if that makes sense?) so we could screw the new screws in... Did that... went and found some screws that fit the hole...

... tried to attach the number plate, and hmm... the numberplate doesn't seem to fit. That's odd. So dad tries to work out why, we look at the number plate...

Some bastard stole my number plate while I was at work!!!!!!!

Grrr. And they only stole one too.

So we called the police... they were kinda confused, didn't really know what to do about it... But dad told him the number, and he said "hmm. thats listed as stolen" and then kinda stopped and tried to cover up what he had just said.

So now, I have to spend my whole damn lunch break tomorrow and go down to the police beat and report it. Then I have to go to Queensland Transport on monday and get new plates...

... We assume I will have to get a new number, so I have to change my insurance.... GRRRR...

Bastards.
I just hope I don't have to pay for new plates.

So until I get new ones, I have to drive around without a number plate. Which means I could get pulled up, and the cops would have to check it out to find out I was telling the truth...

(I can't get in trouble, because it is listed as stolen... But it's still a real pain in the arse! )

Grrr. And there's no much I can do. We have to park where I park, thats where the shopping centre says we have to go!!!! And theres like no security there...

Grrr. I am so annoyed.

Oh well. I suppose I should be happy they didn't steal my car.

ooohh poor you, Alecia.. :hug: don't worry... the bastard will pay for in in the future... you'll see... I always believe that people who steal will pay for it no matter when, butit will be painful to them. And I wish them that!!!!

:hug: Don't worry... I now what you feel coz I had my side mirror stolen this night :/ crap

aww. thanks...

it's just so annoying.

And it's probably gonna cost me heaps to get new plates.

and I have to go into town, which will be 20 mins either way. then I have to wait in absurdly long queues.

And I have to go and report it to the police tomorrow. I only get 30 mins for lunch... And I am working all day on my own. So I will probably be stessed out...

Oh it's just annoying.

Oh well... I still have my car. And my cute little tigger shoulder strap...

And we will be looking for a better way of securing my plates when I get the new ones.

Oww Alecia, that sucks...bad things happen to nice people....buuuuttt just think, youve got a job and they dont, youve got a home and they dont, your Dad helped you, theres wouldnt.
Just feel sorry for them, cause at the end of the day they are always the people who dropped outa school because "Their Dad would hire them" not that all people that did that are dumb, but I doubt everyones Dad "Hired" them...

That sort of things happens a lot. They'll take your plates, put them on their car and then have some fun. That could involve speeding (cameras take a picture of the cars number plate) or going into a station, filling up with petrol and then driving off. You're the one who'll get the nice letters in the post telling you to pay. If you explain to the police that you weren't there (better if you can prove it, like you were at work or something) then all should be ok. You will have to pay for the plates, they're yours and you lost them (in their eyes). I can't see why you'd have to change them though. It's your car and if you say it isn't stolen then they can't list it as such. For peace of mind you may feel like you want to.

that sucks, plain and simple

the other day i saw that someone hit my car...the front bumper, they must have rubbed against it and fortunately they didnt break anything except for the plastic trim on the bumber. no paint was scratched but it still pissed me off to know that someone hit my car and broke something and probably didnt even get out of their car to see if they did any damage. it just pisses me off that they didnt even write like an "im sorry" note even if they didnt leave any info. its only about a $30 piece of trim but it still pisses me off that they didnt even acknowledge to me that they hit my car...i guess i live in a dream world where people would actually take responisibility for their actions.

ferny - i had to list the number plate as stolen in case they did exactly what you said.

And the police was saying that the number plate that was left in the spot of my number plate was listed as stolen. We aren't sure if he meant the car or the number plate...

We are really confused why they didn't take both number plates. I suppose they may have been interrupted and ran off?

I think I will have to change my number plates, because they took one. And I assume they only make them in two's. So they will take the other one off me aswell, and just give me two new ones, which will also have different numbers...

And I just realised I will end up with ugly brown number plates if that's the case :(

andrea - doesn't that just suck? I know what you're saying... it's not the money - it's the principal.

I am not so much annoyed that I have to pay... (even though I am pissed off about that, cause I really can't afford it right now - I am working minimal hours to get a health care card. And I just had money-related stress relieved when I got a good pay this week, and paid off this month's loan on my car)

... but I am so annoyed that these idiots feel they should go around and cause so much trouble to me. It is probably gonna take the good part of a day to get this all sorted out. I have the added stress of having to drive into town (which I really hate cause the streets are just all over the place, and I don't know my way around), wasting my petrol, wasting my time and wasting my money - just so they could have a little bit of fun...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I guess thats what happens when you work on the weekend while all the morons aren't in school and you live in one of the worst places in the world.]

And it's probably some lazy bastard who doesn't even have a job, so therefore my tax is paying for them to sit on their arses all day, and steal my property!

fadingaway1986 said:
hmm. well if i had the chance. I would take my car and run them over...

that's a brilliant idea....

ferny - i had to list the number plate as stolen in case they did exactly what you said.

And the police was saying that the number plate that was left in the spot of my number plate was listed as stolen. We aren't sure if he meant the car or the number plate...

We are really confused why they didn't take both number plates. I suppose they may have been interrupted and ran off?

I think I will have to change my number plates, because they took one. And I assume they only make them in two's. So they will take the other one off me aswell, and just give me two new ones, which will also have different numbers...
They only took the one because cameras only take one picture of the car. It's quicker and two aren't needed.
Over here you can buy one plate at a time (I'm certain of that, having never needed to buy any). But you have to provide proof that it's your car. That was introduced a few years ago to stop people stealing the number plate details of others. Of course, you can still find the odd place where you don't need to give proof that it's for your car and you can always get fashion plates (non-legal ones) over the internet cheaply and easily.

The one they left is probably the one they took off of the car they put your plate on. Chance are that they did the same to someone else before. Why they'd take it off then and there I don't know. I've have thought they'd have nicked it and run to a safer place.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that! It's good that you noticed it so quick and were able to report it though. I bet there are a lot of people driving around and don't even realize that someone took their plates!

If the Queensland numberplate system is the same as the NSW one and you've got customised plates then you'll have to pay the annual fee to get new plates (somewhere around $110) - then your CTP/Full-Comp insurance on top of that. :|

A few mates of mine have at numberplates stolen and it's a real pain getting them replaced. :x

ferny - We would assume they put my plate where the plate they gave me came from...
Only thing is: they took a back plate and put a front plate in its place (the number plate they left is covered in chips)

also, they wouldn't have been able to put the plate straight on their car: it wouldn't fit...

Thats how we knew they had done it - the one they put on my car was only hanging on by one bolt - so it was hanging on an angle.

And we realised it wasn't my plate when we tried to put another one in, and the holes didn't match up.

Alison - hehe. yeah, there probably are. Just lucky my mum noticed... Someone at work said she had both her plates stolen a couple of months ago. (she was very pissed off that I had mine "swapped" and she didn't get one in return. hehe)

Xmetal: I looked on the queensland transport site, and it said that is only about $20 to get replacement plates. I don't have customised plates luckily..

I hope I don't have to pay my rego again - that would really suck.

Most reactions

Back