What's new

grrrrr What am I doing wrong?.......

Chicagophotoshop

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
395
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago, IL USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had to deal with a wind chill of -25 degrees to get these shots and they came up like this......I'm so angry. what causes all these "hot pixels" ? can these photos be fixed? how can I avoid this?

DSC_0075.jpg


DSC_0057.jpg


DSC_0061.jpg





thanks all
 
Oh! :shock:
I see what you mean!
In the first I had to really search for them, but the other two make it blatantly obvious, of course.
Hmph... :scratch: - I have found of late that my Powershot gives me a couple of hot pixels in night photos, always in the same place (still only so few that I can clone them out), so I assume the sensor is going bad and showing signs of old age - maybe?
 
Oh! :shock:
I see what you mean!
In the first I had to really search for them, but the other two make it blatantly obvious, of course.
Hmph... :scratch: - I have found of late that my Powershot gives me a couple of hot pixels in night photos, always in the same place (still only so few that I can clone them out), so I assume the sensor is going bad and showing signs of old age - maybe?

is the sensor something that can be easily replaced?
 
is the sensor something that can be easily replaced?

simple answer: no

replacing the sensor with most cameras will be more expensive than getting a new camera. with high-end pro dslrs replacing the sensor might sometimes be an option.

however, your problem could be dealt with with software i suppose.
 
simple answer: no

replacing the sensor with most cameras will be more expensive than getting a new camera. with high-end pro dslrs replacing the sensor might sometimes be an option.

however, your problem could be dealt with with software i suppose.
I thought that might be the case. I just had the senor cleaned not to long ago. damn

I have every and any software available. I have been playing with it but cant seem to get rid of them
 
I thought that might be the case. I just had the senor cleaned not to long ago. damn

I have every and any software available. I have been playing with it but cant seem to get rid of them

hmm, but since those spots will always appear in the same place, there must be some sort of software which can deal with it automatically ....
 
Hey, Guys.....I'm not familiar with the term ”hot spots”, but I'm assuming you mean the tiny bright red spots in the top and bottom of the photos???? They do not seem to be in the same place on all three shots.
 
hmm, but since those spots will always appear in the same place, there must be some sort of software which can deal with it automatically ....
if you find out, let me know :D

I have noise ninja, Photoshop CS, nikon 4.4, photomatix
 
Hey, Guys.....I'm not familiar with the term ”hot spots”, but I'm assuming you mean the tiny bright red spots in the top and bottom of the photos???? They do not seem to be in the same place on all three shots.
I wasnt familiar with that term either until someone mentioned it in another thread. they are the colorful dots scattered throughout
 
I hope you don't mind but I had a quick go at editing one of your pictures.

aDSC_0057.jpg


My editing was more succesful on this photo (there were less edges to work on):

mgmgrand1web.jpg


I wondered as acsonpg pointed out that they are not in same spot. Were some of the photos cropped? While not scientific I do seem to notice more noise in my night photos when it is really cold out. If you google 'hot pixels' it looks like there is a lot of info.
 
I hope you don't mind but I had a quick go at editing one of your pictures.


I wondered as acsonpg pointed out that they are not in same spot. Were some of the photos cropped? While not scientific I do seem to notice more noise in my night photos when it is really cold out. If you google 'hot pixels' it looks like there is a lot of info.


OMG no I dont mind at all. how did you do that!!!! you are my hero. i'm dying to know how that is done. I have been playing around for hours and cant get it right.
 
What were your settings? To high of an ISO maybe? The noise is a bit high in the photos.

But, you can clone out those hotspots in PS pretty easy.
 
What were your settings? To high of an ISO maybe? The noise is a bit high in the photos.

But, you can clone out those hotspots in PS pretty easy.
would you mind some quick instructions ? :mrgreen: please please please
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom