Grumpy 9 month old

allison_dcp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out today for a 9 month photo shoot attempt with my son. Still waiting on my new grey card b/c I lost my 1st one..... I am mainly looking to improve my fill flash ability this afternoon. Canon EOS 20D 50mm lens 2 3.2/f, 1/250 and 200 ISO. Any opinions on how to improve are greatly appreciated:). (also, I know alot are shot too close, couldnt be to far away or he would of ate the mulch).
1. $IMG_8240 -2.jpg2.$IMG_8234 -1.jpg3.$IMG_8238 -1.jpg4.$9monthpic.jpg5.$IMG_8242 -1.jpg

omg #2 is adorable, what a face! I think the flash is too strong on these. As mentioned your wb is off, but nothing horrible, you should be able to correct it in pp.

1,2,3,5 has lots of empty space.

color is all over the place.
On left are eyes from #2, note how blue the sclera are.
When warmed a bit, the sclera are closer to neutral and skin is pinker.

Attachments

• $IMG_8234--1lll.jpg
    $IMG_8234--1lll.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 53
1,2,3,5 has lots of empty space.

color is all over the place.
On left are eyes from #2, note how blue the sclera are.
When warmed a bit, the sclera are closer to neutral and skin is pinker.
awesome thanks! I'll have to give that a try.

omg #2 is adorable, what a face! I think the flash is too strong on these. As mentioned your wb is off, but nothing horrible, you should be able to correct it in pp.
i agree on all counts. i love the grumpy theme. going through this with my 1st kid, i realize how much the grumpy face sometimes really reflects the true situation!

on another note what's with the grey card? if you shoot raw is there a point to a grey card? what can't you adjust in post that you would have adjusted with the card? the only thing i'd fear is two different temps of light on my subject, but a grey card doesn't save you from that anyways.

Its the face I know best!
This was right after he was born.$1042609754527_ORIG.jpeg
$SSPX0024.jpg$celticfestival2.jpg$frown.jpg

But why so grumpy??? He only kinda smiled in 2 of the shots... :)

Sent from my stone tablet using semaphores

"sure I laugh, I dont go around laughing all day long like an idiot if thats what you mean..."
He does smile alot, he just would rather his mother put her damn camera away!

Most reactions

Back