Grunge C&C

Brutus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
haokkaacd.jpg

What do you think of this picture? It's just looking through a backlit, junked out, soot covered car, and I thought the light sillhouetting the rearview mirror looked nice so I took a picture, and I like the feeling of grunge the picture exudes. I just brightened it out of the camera a bit.

Last edited:
It's still very dark, to the point where you can't really make out any texture - which would be the only thing that will make an image like this interesting.

No offence but this isn't interesting.

I always think to myself, what would I want to look at? If I was going to buy a large photo for a room in my house what would I enjoy?

I don't think a dirty car would come under that.

It's not doing it for me the way it is. The concept is sound.

Texture and more clarity on the reflection of the mirror. Even a steering wheel would add to it. Maybe rub a little portal in there with your hand so you can see outside at some weeds or an old building or whatever's out there.

No offence but this isn't interesting.

I always think to myself, what would I want to look at? If I was going to buy a large photo for a room in my house what would I enjoy?

I don't think a dirty car would come under that.

Well, that's *your* style and taste.

I'd lose the rear view mirror. Crop it up into a trio of abstracts for a small grouping. Not all images have to be printed large. Possibilities.

I played around and am rather fond of flipping it 90degrees CCW, and cropping off the mirror for a long abstract image that I have the perfect spot for in my house.

I'll try to take it again tonight. I'll get a bit of a fill light so you can see the texture of the windshield wiper, but I really doubt being able to see through will be of any help. It's a trailer filled with garbage bags. Thanks for the comments.

Also, I can't really get rid of the mirror without cropping majorly. This is looking through the car from the front (outside the car), but I'll play around with some different positions

I like the mirror because it is a familiar shape and helps me understand this picture. There are a lot of ways this could be cropped, though, as bitter pointed out.

:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back