guidance needed

venkat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello I just graduated from college. I would like to take Photography as my hobby as I love to travel and visit places.

How to start with. What kind of camera should I have to buy. I need to know some basics in photography.

I will be thankful if you guys can help with this.

Thanks
venkat

Get a beginners guide to photography book, look around on the internet for stuff, ask a lot of questions on this forum to learn.

As for what camera, my personal opinion is that you should buy the cheapest film SLR you can get your hands on and play with that for a while, if you like it then you haven't lost much by buying cheap to start off with.

bigfatbadger said:
Get a beginners guide to photography book, look around on the internet for stuff, ask a lot of questions on this forum to learn.

As for what camera, my personal opinion is that you should buy the cheapest film SLR you can get your hands on and play with that for a while, if you like it then you haven't lost much by buying cheap to start off with.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

The best CPU your camera can ever have is your head. Also, unless you have a working knowledge of the interplay between shutter speed and aperture you will have no real idea what the camera CPU is telling you in the viewfinder.

The difference between a snapshooter and a photographer is who makes the final call on exposure...you or the camera.

LWW

Most reactions

New Topics

Back