$dad&jim2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 87
  • $pops22.jpg
    $pops22.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 108
  • $dad&jim.jpg
    $dad&jim.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 110
3 - my favourite ;) It's good enought, but I don't feel anything... In this kind of photos you must feel something, this photo must be full of emotions ;)

You're entitled to your criticism but its not constructive; obviously you should feel something. This is a past time my dad and uncle have shared since they were little kids and they're in their 50's now. Why is it that the members who don't criticize in a constructive manner have no photos for their peers to criticize? Post your photographs Komar because I have no idea where you're coming from. My favorite is the second because they had no idea I was taking a photo of them when they turned to look at me.

im not really a big fan of B&W, but I like 1 and 3 the best. they seem the best composed. 2 and 4 are OK as "candids", but 2 looks like it was very overexposed. what were these shot with? I would like to see the color versions of 1 and 3.

Hey Pixmedic, the negatives of 2 and 4 where a little on the thin side I was able to bring out a decent amount of tone. None of these photographs are staged; they were simply shooting away. These photographs where shot with BW film with my Minolta SRT101.

Attachments

• $MinoltaComposition.jpg
    $MinoltaComposition.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 76
well then...for non staged, your timing on 1 and 3 was great! I don't know much about film processing, but in all the shots, the blacks look very black and the whites look very white and there is a nice contrast between the two. probably not the correct photography terminology for B&W speak, but I would say well done.

Photoshop does wonders for digital transfers. Do you shoot digital? Have a preferred style?

You're entitled to your criticism but its not constructive; obviously you should feel something. This is a past time my dad and uncle have shared since they were little kids and they're in their 50's now. Why is it that the members who don't criticize in a constructive manner have no photos for their peers to criticize? Post your photographs Komar because I have no idea where you're coming from. My favorite is the second because they had no idea I was taking a photo of them when they turned to look at me.

Bad form. Komar gave his opinion. Apparently it did not conform to yours. Too bad. From an outside observer, no one cares if your relatives have been active in this hobby "for years". Be appreciative for comments..... period. IMO, #2 is the strongest, but the framing is off. Partner right is too far right.

Bad form. Komar gave his opinion. Apparently it did not conform to yours. Too bad. From an outside observer, no one cares if your relatives have been active in this hobby "for years". Be appreciative for comments..... period. IMO, #2 is the strongest, but the framing is off. Partner right is too far right.

Agreed. Keep in mind that English isn't the primary language of everyone on this forum. Komar gave his opinion, and agree or not you should at least be appreciative. Truth be told I happen to agree with him.

Shooting is an action hobby. There is noise and there is action. Capture a blast of muzzle smoke or flash, or even dust kicked up by the target, and I might feel something. I'm sure these appeal to you as a family member, but to me they just really don't do much.

You have to understand - you told us who they are, the photos don't. The photos don't tell us the family history. The photos don't tell us the emotional attachment. I'm glad they bring up those emotions for you, but the rest of us don't have the context to attach us to the photos. It's nothing personal, and that's just it - they aren't personal to us like they are to you. Nice sharp photos, decent processing, just not the emotional connection that you personally have with the subjects and activity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back