Gura Gear Kiboko extremely lightweight backpack for full kit+lights or long glass

FlyingWithFish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flyingwithfish.com
If any of you are looking for an international carry-on compliant, extremely light weight, backpack to carry your full-camera & lens kit along with your small-strobe lighting gear check out the newly released Gura Gear Kiboko bag at http://www.guragear.com

Gura Gear's was launched last week, but I got mine last night, and it is fantastic. The bag was designed to carry long glass on international flights, then on African safaris, however I immediately saw this as a great bag to carry cameras, lenses, compact light stands and small strobes around in one compact and light weight bag. Mine is now packed with two full-size bodies, 7 lenses, 2 light stands, a softbox, speed ring,etc etc etc......and I can't believe how compact the bag still is on my bag or light it is to wear.

The incredible thing about this bag, besides its very well thought out design and ergonomics, is that it weighs in at less than 4lbs, compared to the Think Tank Airport Addicted which weighs 8lbs!

I wrote up the Kiboko bag on my site for traveling photogs, Flying With Fish, along with 16 detailed photos of the bag set up with lighting gear here: http://flyingwithfish.blogspot.com/2008/11/gura-gear-kiboko-photo-backpack-first.html

For you nature and sports photogs, this bag can also easily haul a 400f2.8 & 600f4 with bodies attached side-by-side

A bit pricey, but looks like a good bag. I'll have to see one in person. Too bad it doesn't have a laptop compartment -- that might seal the deal.

Ian

this sounds like a promo.

You know it might sound like a promo, until you visit www.flyingwithfish.com , and see that I have been asked to join Mountainsmith's Design Board......and the first bag I write up following agreeing to work with Mountainsmith is a bag not from Mountainsmith.

Read my site, you'll see I have written up bags by quite a few companies,and discuss a wide range of topics.

-Fish

Most reactions

New Topics

Back