H.S. Basketball

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first game of the year. You really have to shift gears from football to shoot basketball. I think this is a pretty good start and I am excited to get better this year. All shot with a Canon 7D mk ii.

1) 24-70mm f/2.8 @ 43mm, f/2.8, 1/640, ISO 4000. This one I wished that I was able to get the faces.

MWC-IKE-48.jpg

2) 70-200mm f/2.8 @ 130mm, f/2.8, 1/1000, ISO 6400

MWC-IKE-119.jpg

3) 70-200mm f/2.8 @ 190mm, f/2.8, 1/1000, ISO 6400

MWC-IKE-140.jpg

4) 24-70mm f/2.8 @ 70mm, f/2.8, 1/1000, ISO 6400

MWC-IKE-239.jpg

5) 70-200mm f/2.8 @ 70mm, f/2.8, 1/500, ISO 4000

MWC-IKE-391.jpg

Those are real nice. Great job.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Whoa---#3 has the basketball flattening out quite a bit against the floor! How odd....seldom see that exact few milliseconds captured. Neat! I really like the shot of the kid driving to the hoop, shot #5. I agree on leaving his teammate in the shot, since his expression and placement both work to advance the feeling of "being there".

Those are real nice. Great job.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Whoa---#3 has the basketball flattening out quite a bit against the floor! How odd....seldom see that exact few milliseconds captured. Neat! I really like the shot of the kid driving to the hoop, shot #5. I agree on leaving his teammate in the shot, since his expression and placement both work to advance the feeling of "being there".

Thanks Derrel. I liked the way the ball was compressed on that one too. I think I got another shot of that also.

This morning when I tried to look at these full-sized, they were being served up with glacial slowness...returning this PM, they load in a snap. Honestly, I think these have had too much noise reduction done on them, and that the detail seems missing, due to the NR. I'd like a bit more "grit"...for just a bit more a feeling of realism. There's always a compromise between detail, and noise: I personally think these have too much noise reduction, not enough of the smaller detail that gives that feeling of realism.

Ron, they all look good, personal favourites are the last two.

I just read what Derrel mentioned about the noise reduction, although I didn't look at them to that point, I've mentioned before about adding a little noise in photo shop to the images after taking the noise out, or when shooting at a high iso where the images look mushy and not sharp , it helps.

This morning when I tried to look at these full-sized, they were being served up with glacial slowness...returning this PM, they load in a snap. Honestly, I think these have had too much noise reduction done on them, and that the detail seems missing, due to the NR. I'd like a bit more "grit"...for just a bit more a feeling of realism. There's always a compromise between detail, and noise: I personally think these have too much noise reduction, not enough of the smaller detail that gives that feeling of realism.

I went back and lowered the NR (It was at 60 in LR so I went to 40). The sharpening was set at 70 in LR.

Ron, they all look good, personal favourites are the last two.

I just read what Derrel mentioned about the noise reduction, although I didn't look at them to that point, I've mentioned before about adding a little noise in photo shop to the images after taking the noise out, or when shooting at a high iso where the images look mushy and not sharp , it helps.

Thanks Scott. I haven't been processing in PS for my sports. I just do basic stuff in LR.

The last shot is my favorite. Good stuff.

Thanks Gary.

Yeah, definitely one to process. Love the one kid's fierce expression.

Most reactions

Back