What's new

Had a go in smoke photography

BastiaanImages

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 23, 2011
Messages
221
Reaction score
12
Location
Haarlem, Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've recently started to take som pics at home among which are some smoke photographs and I'm curious about your opinions or maybe your own smoke photographs.
#1
#2

#3
 
Hey congrats on becoming a member of the smoke shot club!!!
Fun stuff.
I like the first one the most.

4547096564_9b01e9193b_z.jpg
 
I want to try this and I have watched videos on how to but they just say add light, how do you guys get the smoke different colors?
 
Wow!! I had never thought of creating that type of photo before!! Looks fantastic!! I guess the best part about that particular type of photo is that every one is unique!!:thumbup:
 
Oh I see. I just tried this and I could not get it to work, the background kept showing too much instead of the nice deep black you achieved
 
the next step is to take parts of individual smoke images, and make something new things
like this
aceofsmoke.jpg
 
I used an off-camera flash with a black 'snout' (basically a rolled piece off black paper) so the only light would be on the smoke and not on the background.
 
great shots, Looks like the real deal to me, But I am still veery new to the dslr world of photography, I will look up the how to on these types of photos and post here soon.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom