Had a REAL BAD DAY.......

airgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry but I just need to vent a little.....

When over to work this morning. It's monday and we're closed so I went in later to do the deposit from yesterday. Well, I got in and found out we had be robbed last night. They broke in the back door and stole yesterdays reciepts and change boxes as well as the tip money left for the waitresses, bussers, etc. All told they got about $16,500 - $17,000. When I reported it to the insurance company I found out we're only covered up to $8,000 and $1,000 from that is our deductable so we lost close to $10,000.

I won't go into details until they finish investigating but it strongly looks like it is someone who either works for us now or has worked for us. My wife and I are just sick. It's been a very bad year already and this is just devistating to us personlly as well as to the business it'self. We work hard and try to be helpful and fair to everyone who we employ. Many say it's like a family here and not just a job. My wife is upstairs now crying and I just feel terrible.

Thanks for letting me get this out...... :sad anim:

that's horrible! :-( i'll keep you guys in my thoughts and hope the investigation leads to something positive for you, your wife and your business.

on the bright side, neither of you were there so no one was harmed or anything. that's something at least. :-?

and no need to apologize for venting! it's good to get this stuff out. :)

That's horrible. With any luck they will catch who did it. Our business is like a family too. I know when someone does something like this, it can be especially hurtful. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry, that's just awful. :hug:

Thanks to you all. Your kind words mean a lot.

I just came back down stairs from talking with my wife. She's just so upset and its killing me that I can't do anything to make her feel better. It just breaks my heart.

I keep telling her that at least no one was hurt or injured. It certainly could have been so much worse. It's "only money" in the long run but she's worked so hard and it's hard to see that right now. I think I'm almost more upset that she is so devistated by this then by the theft it'self.

Thanks again for all the good thoughts. It surely helps.

What a rotten thing to have happen. I hope the investigation turns up the culprit. Half the agony is the not knowing. Which is worse? Being a victim of a random act or a victim of someone "inside"?

Best of luck to you and your wife. :hug:

That really bites. I'll echo the above sentiments in that nobody was hurt. Hope they catch the low-lifes.

I am really sorry matey, hope you can find a silver lining in all this though I know its hard. We'll be thinking about you and your wife.

Oh jeez, man!... So sorry to hear about this!

I hope they catch the bastard(s) who did this s**tty thing! :evil:

Meanwhile hang in there, bro...

Most reactions

Back