Had some fun on Saturday

That's a very nice self-portrait

Joking aside, I really like that shot! :smile:

Thanks folks. Had a good time even though I didn't come away with a lot of keepers. Weather was just too hot, most of the critters were snoozing away. Lol
Thats the way the zoo is here in the summer. I avoid it till October when it cools down again.

Managed to get one I really liked:

20160709_3107 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr
Wonderful capture technically. However, I feel bad as I am absolutely curious with this beast. Poor big guy, trapped in the humans world even though they saved his life as documented. This is really a depressing capture. Talk about prison! I am feeling it.

Forgive me, I am not trying to take anything away from the photo. It really is aesthetically pleasing from a curiosity standpoint but your skill as a photographer really rendered the reality.

Wonderful capture technically. However, I feel bad as I am absolutely curious with this beast. Poor big guy, trapped in the humans world even though they saved his life as documented. This is really a depressing capture. Talk about prison! I am feeling it.

Forgive me, I am not trying to take anything away from the photo. It really is aesthetically pleasing from a curiosity standpoint but your skill as a photographer really rendered the reality.
Well in truth your reading things in here that aren't actually there. Like all of the male gorillas at the Henry Doorly, he wasn't captured. He was born at the zoo.

Truth is most zoo animals are born in zoos. Very few if any are actually born in the wild.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Well in truth your reading things in here that aren't actually there. Like all of the male gorillas at the Henry Doorly, he wasn't captured. He was born at the zoo.

Truth is most zoo animals are born in zoos. Very few if any are actually born in the wild.

He may have been born in there but he is captured. Do you think they belong in there? He never had a choice.

He may have been born in there but he is captured. Do you think they belong in there? He never had a choice.
Well I've had this debate countless times before but since you insist...

Animals born in zoos wouldn't be able to survive in the wild, so releasing them would not be in any way humane. It would in fact be condemning them to a rather nasty death.

Zoos are actually the reason that most of these species still survive in the wild. It's their efforts and support that make most of the conservation efforts possible. So if you close down all the zoos odds are good a lot of these species will go extinct. Again, not what I consider a great solution.

You also need to understand that while you are reading despair into this photo, the truth is the big guy is simply settling in for a nap on a very warm summer day. Gorillas have a very different set of facial expressions than humans.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back