Had some fun today, both in and out of the zoo

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I know.. I know.. just shut up and give us a kitty shot. Happy to say I managed to get one of the amur leopard today

20140517 015 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

Visited the local lake and managed to get astonishingly close to a red wing blackbird till he took flight:

20140517 595 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

For whatever reason I really liked this shot:

20140517 459 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

I love these guys. It's like ZZ Top meets wild kingdom:

20140517 389 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

And not my best Gorilla shot of the day I don't think but the first one I got finished post processing, so to keep Raj happy:

20140517 214 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

Nice set! 1 and 4 are delicious :)

I like em but we got to talk about this... some of the guys now are posting sheep now. I don't see any sheep.:roll:

Your 'not my best' shot is better than my great ones, lol.. Love the gorilla shot. BTW really cool shots those in #1 & #3, I didn't know about the Amur leopards. It's such a shame there are less than 30 of them left in the wild, damn humans!

Kitty! Such a beautiful creature.

I like #3 - he looks like he's all dreamy and contemplative, like he's on the cover of a Johnny Mathis album ;)

Yep, very nice shots! Gotta go with#4 and #1. No explanation needed.

Your 'not my best' shot is better than my great ones, lol.. Love the gorilla shot. BTW really cool shots those in #1 & #3, I didn't know about the Amur leopards. It's such a shame there are less than 30 of them left in the wild, damn humans!

It is a damn shame that it's not legal to hunt them.

The humans, not the leopards.. lol

Great shots! I really like 1 and 3.

Yep, very nice shots! Gotta go with#4 and #1. No explanation needed.

Thanks guys, had a lot of fun yesterday. Will be doing things a little different today, got a request for some shots of the desert dome as the sun is going down so I'll actually be heading out later this afternoon. I'll be doing my standard zoo walk, then I'll grab something to eat and wait for the sun to start going down so I can get some shots for their website. Should be fun, and it will give me a chance to drag out the worlds heaviest tripod.. lol

This is only my second day here and this is so far the best shots I have seen ever! All are sharp and really good. All of them in my opinion are keepers.

#1 I particularly like the eyes, the sharpness and the pose. It's like you waited for it and planned and executed it well.
#2 is just as good in sharpness but the eyes needs a bit of glint, a catchlight...
#3 is an absolute perfect shot! The pose, the dreamy look in the distance, the sharpness and the bokeh...what more can you ask for? No wonder you like this shot very much...
#4 is equally as good but not as good as #3's overall pose.
#5 Your gorilla will have been better if you put some catchlight in his eyes a bit, make it look more natural in its habitat.

wow, that leopard. Those eyes and entire fur color is awesome.

This is only my second day here and this is so far the best shots I have seen ever! All are sharp and really good. All of them in my opinion are keepers.

#1 I particularly like the eyes, the sharpness and the pose. It's like you waited for it and planned and executed it well.
#2 is just as good in sharpness but the eyes needs a bit of glint, a catchlight...
#3 is an absolute perfect shot! The pose, the dreamy look in the distance, the sharpness and the bokeh...what more can you ask for? No wonder you like this shot very much...
#4 is equally as good but not as good as #3's overall pose.
#5 Your gorilla will have been better if you put some catchlight in his eyes a bit, make it look more natural in its habitat.

Izzie, thanks for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated.

I also very much appreciate you taking the time on such a detailed critique. I was wondering if you had any techniques you could share regarding catchlights, the reason I ask is that for these types of shots I'm generally restricted to ambient light only, no flash or reflectors.

So I was wondering if you had any techniques you use in situations like that to capture carchlights.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back